TV-Today Germany - Details are gone (2 Viewers)

ageQ

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    it did work for me

but I used your changes to fix my own tvtoday-grabber, which I want to share with you
    it has subtitle and works for 14 days
    but no showview anymore ..

feel free to test it, I'm looking forward to your feedback

if someboy can help me with the dynamic templates ( <Z.. > </z>) I would like to add also season and episode

Attachments

• Changed www_tvtoday_de.xml
      7.1 KB

jimbeam128

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: TV-Today Germany - Details are gone

Hello Quake and the others,

yesterday at first it did not work. So I wanted to check it today in detail. I think the grab of yesterday didn´t seem to update. Whatever....

Today I ran a grab with Version 2 from Quake and the movies - where this rating was in - disappeared and the description of the movie is now in again.

So I think it´s OK now

Again, thanks for your quick support, Quake!

Quake505

Portal Pro
    May 23, 2009
    it did work for me

but I used your changes to fix my own tvtoday-grabber, which I want to share with you
    it has subtitle and works for 14 days
    but no showview anymore ..

feel free to test it, I'm looking forward to your feedback

if someboy can help me with the dynamic templates ( <Z.. > </z>) I would like to add also season and episode

agqQ, I have a couple of comments,

Sub link taken from your grab file: -

- <Template name="Details">
    - <SectionTemplate tags="DB">
    <TemplateText><div class="text"><#DESCRIPTION><br/> <br/> > <#END> | <#DURATION> Min. | <#NOTUSED></div></TemplateText>
    </SectionTemplate>
    </Template>

From my grab file: -

- <Template name="Details" start="rating" end="seperator">
    - <SectionTemplate tags="D">
    <TemplateText></div> <div> <br/><#DESCRIPTION><br/> <br/> <br/> <br/><br/> > <#END> | <#DURATION> Min. | <#SHOWVIEW>| </div></TemplateText>
    </SectionTemplate>
    </Template>

Your file doesn't have the start and stop points, and is using DB tags instead of just D.

You need to add this for the templatetext to work.

So you may want to change it to: -

- <Template name="Details" start="rating" end="seperator">
    - <SectionTemplate tags="D">
    <TemplateText><div class="text"><#DESCRIPTION><br/> <br/> > <#END> | <#DURATION> Min. | <#NOTUSED></div></TemplateText>
    </SectionTemplate>
    </Template>

Also the URL you are using has two & joined, why?
    I don't see it causing a problem, but its not required.

I believe this is because you have removed the offset=[PAGE_OFFSET] option.
    This means you can remove the <Search maxlistings="50" /> because its only needed for PAGE_OFFSET.

I'll look at the default template when I get home from work,

Also, the dynamic templates can be a pain and also makes your template easier to fail due to web page changes. it is normally better to grab the whole lot and then use the search and match options.

Quake505

ageQ

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Quake505,

thank You for your response

You're right about the page_offset. I removed it, seeing no need for it while playing around.

And you're also right about the details section. May be some leftovers of the copy'n'paste-"developing" ;)

Sounds like you are very familiar with the grabber stuff. Could you help me with the dynamic templates as well. I would like to add season and epsiode as they are sometimes provided in tvtoday (for example Pushing Daisies - Fantasy-Krimiserie - TV Programm - TV Today)

ageQ

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, that's correct

Sorry, didn't think about any non-german working on a german grabber

Quake505

Portal Pro
    May 23, 2009
    Hi ageQ,

Try attached, this is not perfect because it could give false information if there is a number after the showview that is not the season or episode.

Also you may need to swap the #EPISODE and #SEASON elements, I have them this way around because of a bug in webepg that may have been fixed.

The file attached is an updated version of my file, so just copy the details template to your file.

Please note this is a test file and could have errors,

Regards,

Quake505

Attachments

• www_tvtoday_de.quake505.V4.xml
      7.2 KB

Quake505

Portal Pro
    May 23, 2009
    Hi,

I found a problem with the season capture if the 'showview' is missing, working on it.

For example here: -

_ttp://www.tvtoday.de/programm/detail/?sid=107015147315&format=detail

ageQ

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Quake,

that's why I wanted to use the dynamic stuff, but had a hard time with testing, because the WebEPG Designer seems not to work with that.

Quake505

Portal Pro
    May 23, 2009
    Hi ageQ,

Unfortunately I’m going away on holiday tomorrow and cannot work on this today, but I think you are stuck in any case.

The Season and Episode can be show as follows: -

1. #END | #DURATION | #STARVIEW |#SEASON | #EPISODE
    2. #END | #DURATION | #STARVIEW | #EPISODE
    3. #END | #DURATION | #SEASON | #EPISODE
    4. #END | #DURATION | #STARVIEW
    5. #END | #DURATION

4 and 5 don’t matter because they don’t have Season or Episode.

My grab file V4 was configured like 1, this means it would work with 1 and 2 but not with 3.
    My file would miss the season if the show was giving as 3 when #STARVIEW is missing.

Dynamic

It is my understanding (which could be wrong) that the dynamic option only works with tags, “|” is not a tag so <z(> cannot be used, and this means you cannot use this or *MATCH and *VALUE. 

Search and Match

It is my understanding (which also could be wrong) that Search and Match cannot be used because it only works on the source \ index page, and the #SEASON and #EPISODE information are on the sub-link page. 

Options,

1. The #SEASON and #EPISODE information could be grabbed in the #DESCRIPTION element, this means the information is captured but its not separated from the description, this is done by changing the sublink template to: -

</div> <div><#DESCRIPTION></div><div

This is not ideal but the information is captured.

2. Use a different application like webgrab+plus.

Maybe somebody else (like arion_p) can confirm my statements above (I hope I’m wrong).

The #SEASON and #EPISODE information was not captured in the original file, so noting has been lost.

Good Luck

Quake505

P.S. if anybody wants me to post a grab file that puts everything in the description then just post and I will upload one (have to be quick).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom