[confirm] tv video/audio out of sync (1 Viewer)

kevin939

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I reverted to an earlier ffdshow - 3274.
The problem with CPU usage and the ability to play some videos is still there but to a lesser degree - I would like to revert to MP 1.0.2 but that needs a few hours and TV access is limited :D

As regard the TV stutter - I still have the the problem with 3274

CCob

Portal Pro
November 10, 2008
"ffdshow blacklisted" Could you explain what you mean by this please?

As far as I am aware, ffdshow was blacklisted inside TsReader DirectShow filter, which is the source that MediaPortal uses to play TS streams. So even though you could select it as a codec to use within the configuration it still wouldn't be used because of this. This block has been present for some time. Usually the only way you could get ffdshow to work as a filter would either use it in the Post Processing section or recompile TsReader ourself without the blacklist. It's a simple name check so there have been some releases of ffdshow that would work because the name would be different to what's in the blacklist.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    "ffdshow blacklisted" Could you explain what you mean by this please?

As far as I am aware, ffdshow was blacklisted inside TsReader DirectShow filter, which is the source that MediaPortal uses to play TS streams. So even though you could select it as a codec to use within the configuration it still wouldn't be used because of this. This block has been present for some time. Usually the only way you could get ffdshow to work as a filter would either use it in the Post Processing section or recompile TsReader ourself without the blacklist. It's a simple name check so there have been some releases of ffdshow that would work because the name would be different to what's in the blacklist.

Not blacklisted anymore with 1.1.0 RC2 - 0002741: Remove ffdshow blacklisting - MediaPortal Bugtracker

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

Did anyone find a fix for the "wandering" audio sync issue?

Thanks,

J.

kevin939

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Jay_UK - I thought I had sorted out the audio synch problem with ffdshow by reverting to an earlier version but I am unconvinced - it appears to to return periodically. I have now updated to the latest ffdshow (3400) and the problem is definitely there but only every on live tv. Recorded tv is perfect. My get around is to use another mpeg2 decoder - powerdvd7 works fine for me

kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom