[TV][VIDEO] switching between audio channels (1 Viewer)

gig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Started on: 2008-01-09
    last update: 2008-01-09

Summary:

The MP should be able of switching between audio channel while playing streams (TV,VIDEO) containing more then one audio channel.

Description:

At present MP doesn't provide simple switch to change between audio channels, neither while playing DviX containing more then one audio stream nor when watching TV program broadcast with dual audio.

best wishes
    gig

fix ---> see last post for solution

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I had no problem switching to an english soundtrack from french in my District B13 mkv move file. I just when to the Audio menu and switched.

gig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry for getting back on that subject so late, but since I was using the 2.0.x version I thought that me not being able switch between the audio streams was due to the old MP version I was using.

Now, having a little spare time I have reinstalled (clean installation of system and apps) my media box.

Unfortunately, the new version haven't fix the issue for me :(

The videos are played with all 3 audio streams at the same time, which is kind of annoying as you can imagine.

In audio menu I have only AV delay slider, nothing else!

I installed the 0.2.3.0 stable and have tasted it with Monochrome and the standard Blue skin, none of which has anything else but the “AV delay” in audio menu.

Changing the audio decoder to AC3 or ffmpeg and trying to switch the streams with the keyboard key "A"
    was no help.

Is there a easy way to either fix this issue or add such feature to upcoming release?

If you need me providing any more information let me know and I will be happy to help.

regards
    gig

[edit]

some screenshots of the audio menu and of media player classic which has no problem with switching the steams.

Bussiebaer

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I got the same problem :-(
    Is there someone who don't have the problem, and tell us his settings (Codec etc.)?

gig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I must admit that some of the dual sound mkv files works fine and I'm able to switch between the audio streams. Only multiple sound avi files are played with all streams at the same time.

I don't think it has got anything to do with codecs or particular settings (I might by wrong, I hope :)) since Media Classic Player uses the system codecs , the same way as the Windows Media Player do. (which Media Portal uses) and has no problem what's so ever with any multiple audio stream file.

What I think is, that's just a lack of feature or bug.

In order to watch these multiple audio streams files using Media Portal I use the My Mplayer GUI plugin, since mplayer has no problem with these files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom