TV4Home - WCF Webservice for MediaPortal TV Server (1 Viewer)

mpolan

Portal Member
January 22, 2011
Hi Mike! I've also posted on your other thread re: IMediaAccesService - same issue here, the references in your WSDL and XSD are to localhost, a relative path would be easier when using the WSDL to generate web service clients. Turns out the services here are the ones I need.

I did manage to get things working (at last as far as testConnectionToServer() returns true). One minor issue I found in the install was that while you create a firewall rule for the TVEInteration service, you dont' create a port exception.

Thanks for this great plugin!

Progress update (sorry for the double post), I've got a few services working well now - getGroups, getSchedules, testConnection, so the basic interaction seems to be working.

I'm having trouble with a few calls - getChannels, getChannelsById, getProgramForChannel, I get an exception that possibly suggests something is missing from the WSDL (or quite likely I messed it up when modifying it to generate my client).

UPDATE on my calling troubles - it's is likely because I used an older WSDL that was posted earlier in this thread. I noticed the links to retrieve the newer WSDL and the service definitions there have changed, I'll retry with the new definitions.

mpolan

Portal Member
January 22, 2011
Hi again Mike:

I seem to be moving along well using this service. I'm having a little trouble with canceling scheduled recordings (when the schedule is not "once'. I think there might be a bug here in the ITVEInteraction service below. The line
Code:
    new CanceledSchedule(schedule.IdSchedule, schedule.IdChannel, schedule.StartTime);
I think should be:
Code:
    new CanceledSchedule(schedule.IdSchedule, program.IdChannel, program.StartTime);
Do I have it right? (I'm probably not putting this in the right place, let me know if I should post elsewhere).

Code:
        public void CancelSchedule(int programId)
        {
            Program program = Program.Retrieve(programId);

foreach (Schedule schedule in Schedule.ListAll().Where(schedule => schedule.IsRecordingProgram(program, true)))
            {
                switch (schedule.ScheduleType)
                {
                    case (int)ScheduleRecordingType.Once:
                        schedule.Delete();
                        _tvControl.OnNewSchedule();
                        break;
                    default:
                        CanceledSchedule canceledSchedule = new CanceledSchedule(schedule.IdSchedule, schedule.IdChannel, schedule.StartTime);
                        canceledSchedule.Persist();
                        break;
                }
            }
        }

mpolan

Portal Member
January 22, 2011
Another problem, this time for "deleteSchedule" - it seems to be leaving entries in the canceledschedule table for that schedule - I'm guessing they need to be cleaned out by the extension as well.

mpolan

Portal Member
January 22, 2011
Hi Mike - I had some fun today figuring out Microsoft's visual workbench, C#, and even got your plugin to build and installed on my system. So I was able to verify that the fix above for canceling a single episode does work.

I struggled a bit getting deleteSchedule to work properly, the current version seems to leave around the scheduled programs still marked to be recorded in the db.

Here's what I got working - I expect there's an easier/faster way, but this works for now:

Code:
        public void DeleteSchedule(int scheduleId)
        {
            Schedule schedule = Schedule.Retrieve(scheduleId);
            // mgp first cancel all of the episodes of this program for this schedule
            foreach (Program program in Program.ListAll().Where(program => program.Title == schedule.ProgramName))
            {
                if (schedule.IsRecordingProgram(program, true))
                {
                    CanceledSchedule canceledSchedule = new CanceledSchedule(schedule.IdSchedule, program.IdChannel, program.StartTime);
                }
            }
            // now remove existing CanceledSchedule for this schedule
            foreach (CanceledSchedule canceled in CanceledSchedule.ListAll().Where(canceled => canceled.IdSchedule == schedule.IdSchedule))
            {
                canceled.Remove();
            }
            schedule.Remove();
        }

and my version of CancelSchedule:

Code:
public void CancelSchedule(int programId)
        {
            Program program = Program.Retrieve(programId);

foreach (Schedule schedule in Schedule.ListAll().Where(schedule => schedule.IsRecordingProgram(program, true)))
            {
                switch (schedule.ScheduleType)
                {
                    case (int)ScheduleRecordingType.Once:
                        schedule.Delete();
                        break;
                    default:
                        // mgp fixed schedule.IdChannel, schedule.StartTime - was canceling only the first scheduled show...
                        CanceledSchedule canceledSchedule = new CanceledSchedule(schedule.IdSchedule, program.IdChannel, program.StartTime);
                        break;
                }
            }
        }

HTH!

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hmm, that would probably be my fault. I remember that MediaPortal itself did it this way too, but your way looks saner.

cederron

Portal Member
    December 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hello, I'm developing a client that uses the SwitchTVServerToChannelAnd... calls, however when i use these functions the TV Server crashes sooner or later.
    You can see the crash in the log, line 14899

Am i using the service correctly?
    Are these "SwitchTVServerToChannelAnd..." calls meant to be called by a "remote like" type of client application or are more for streaming purposes?
    is that a known issue?

Thanks

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Using them for a remote-like type of client application is completely fine.

As for the crashes, I think this is more an MP issue. Could you try it again with a clean logfile? It's a bit hard to isolate the error this way. Also, please post also the error.log file. Crash details are logged there.

cederron

Portal Member
    December 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    umm it seems to be working ok right now.
    I'll post the logs if it fails again.

Thanks.

cederron

Portal Member
    December 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Well, definitely these calls are not working completely fine. Sometimes they freeze the screen when switching channel, i have to make mediaportal windowed and then it unfreezes and other times i have the behavior in the post above.
    I'm investigating this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom