TV4Home - WCF Webservice for MediaPortal TV Server (1 Viewer)

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Can you please clarify the license of the TV4Home code? On CodePlex I find the GPLv2 license, but there aren't any copyright headers in the source files. Can I redistribute a program that uses the TV4Home code under GPLv2+ (with the 'or any later version'-clausule), or is it just GPLv2? I'll of course release source code. Thanks!

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Also can you please please please fix this bug: TV4Home - The all-in-one TV solution! - tv4home - View Issue #7947: [WebService] JSON request fails when response contains empty DateTime ...

Another thing, a few people told me that they had issues with the windows firewall and tv4home/gmawebservice (self hosted, httpbinding). After some digging I found that the reason for this is that the http listener is hosted by the http.sys driver, so you have to add a rule that allows the specific port:

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="tv4home" dir=in action=allow protocol=TCP localport=4321

Mike Lowrey

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oxan
    Everything except the TV4Home.Server.TVEInteractionLibrary.dll and the two whs addins is licensed as LGPL only the TV4Home.Server.TVEInteractionLibrary.dll and whs addins are licensed as GPLv2 because it links against the MediaPortal libraries...

DieBagger
    JSON bug is fixed in latest svn! :)

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @Oxan
    Everything except the TV4Home.Server.TVEInteractionLibrary.dll and the two whs addins is licensed as LGPL only the TV4Home.Server.TVEInteractionLibrary.dll and whs addins are licensed as GPLv2 because it links against the MediaPortal libraries...
    MediaPortal is licensed GPLv2+ so maybe you can license the TVEInteractionLibrary GPLv2+ too?

Airshark

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2007
    Baden- Württemberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: TV4Home - WCF Webservice for MediaPortal TV Server

First channel tune with the programm works well, but if I want to change the channel, I only see a picture of the old programm, then nothing happens :/
    Any idea? How can I help you with that? There are no log files or somethign :/

Mike Lowrey

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oxan
    I will dicussed it but since we have no problems with LGPL i'm sure that we can change the license to GPLv2+ ;)

Airshark
    Currently i have no clue why the software behaves like it does, but the whole media player which is currently used is a mess... So i'm already testing to use vlc as player which is much better but also has some drawbacks...

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

with current svn version I get new errors, tvserver seems to have been changed again:

[2011-04-09 10:14:44,843] [13110 ] [InputMgr ] [ERROR] - Methode nicht gefunden: "System.String TvDatabase.Channel.get_Name()".

I copied the svn 27771 dlls to tv4home before I got this error. can you check this and compile a new tv4home build? I can't await to test Live TV PiP on HTPC :)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

see attached binaries from svn 27771.

thank you in advance!

Attachments

• svn 27771.zip
      299.3 KB