TVE 3.5 Development support from community (1 Viewer)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It's simply because only one dev is working on TVE3.5 and the status is, even if asked, not shared frequently.
    I saw a bunch of pushes, but honestly have no idea which development stage is reached, if code can be already executed nor what the planned features are. Therefore it's neither included in any MP1 nor MP2 build. I'd say it will come some day, you can only wait.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The one developer that ge2301 mentioned is me.

...and the status is, even if asked, not shared frequently.
    Sorry, I don't have time to answer everybody's [repeated!] questions about status or anything else. Often the answer would be blindingly obvious if the questioner would simply take a few minutes to check the code. For me these kinds of questions are frustrating and hugely time wasting.

So, if you're interested to know the status (great - thanks for your interest :) ), please read my commit history and try to build the code.

I saw a bunch of pushes, but honestly have no idea which development stage is reached, if code can be already executed nor what the planned features are.
    It sounds like you'd need me to explain everything explicitly in simple terms. Sorry, but as above: due to time constraints it's not possible to do this and also make progress. There are limits to what one person can do.

I'd say it will come some day, you can only wait.
    Ahhh, I'm so sick of this "wait and see..." attitude! I'll tell you this for nothing: if you only wait, it will never come. That's a guarantee. I need help. There's a lot of interest, but like you, everybody seems to have reasons (or maybe excuses, I don't know) why they can't do anything to help. If this situation continues, I will simply stop working on it. In fact I was thinking to announce in the next few days (new years resolution) that if nothing changes, I will stop working on TVE 3.5 and maybe even MP in the next few months. I'm exhausted with the workload, very lonely, and frustrated with this "wait and see..." attitude. Of course there are other factors too, but these are the main ones.

So in short: I need help, or TVE 3.5 is dead.

KayDiefenthal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2006
    Germany - Bonn
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @mm1352000

i would you help with Sat>Ip
    that was the reason why i had ask or inform you for some time ago to the Sat>Ip code
    which i had test and expand

sure i had only test the code out sides of mediaportal but is that no help ?
    Ps a Little bit offtopic but i working on an other way to get the channels for Sat>Ip with out the directshowfilter way
    direct reading of rtp ts -> create MpegSections -> read the tabels

ok ok performence is currently terrible but it is only an proof of concept

01_11_2016.PNG

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    sure i had only test the code out sides of mediaportal but is that no help ?
    It was definitely helpful (y)

Unfortunately it's just not enough. I need more. If you think of rewriting TV Server almost from nothing (which is what I've had to do), bug fixes for one feature are appreciated... but only a very small part of the work.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I suggest to move these postings into a separate and public "TVE 3.5 - need help". The MP2-10th AE is simply not the right place for this.
    I'm not going to move the posts or start a new thread at this time. Like I said, I was thinking about an announcement. I need time to confirm my decision and write up the details. Really busy with work for the next 3 days. Announcement could happen sometime next week. Needless to say: I'll start a new thread rather than writing everything here, but if I remember, I'll post a link here. For now I just wanted to respond directly to ge2301 etc. with honesty.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • Admin
    So, if you're interest to know the status (great - thanks for your interest :) ), please read my commit history and try to build the code.
    [...]
    It sounds like you'd need me to explain everything explicitly in simple terms. Sorry, but as above: due to time constraints it's not possible to do this and also make progress. There are limits to what one person can do.
    [...]
    Ahhh, I'm so sick of this "wait and see..." attitude! I'll tell you this for nothing: if you only wait, it will never come. That's a guarantee. I need help. There's a lot of interest, but like you, everybody seems to have reasons (or maybe excuses, I don't know) why they can't do anything to help. If this situation continues, I will simply stop working on it. In fact I was thinking to announce in the next few days (new years resolution) that if nothing changes, I will stop working on TVE 3.5 and maybe even MP in the next few months. I'm exhausted with the workload, very lonely, and frustrated with this "wait and see..." attitude. Of course there are other factors too, but these are the main ones.
    So in short: I need help, or TVE 3.5 is dead.
    Of course I've interested, I think everybody has. But perhaps a little bit advertisement can increase excitement of the right people. I'm a designer basically without coding skills, that learned xaml language to code my design. I'm not able to write #C code, so it's not an excuse or something. I'm not able to create a full picture of a commit history and I think this is valid for most users in forum. If I can do anything about design, I'm helping, but I can't see a need for TVE3.5.

And I'm the only designer for MP2. Though it's hard to compare the efforts I'm at the limit of my free time I have. This is valid for many active people here. I think the only thing that helps is to excite and tag the right people @Developers
    I think nobody wants TVE3.5 dead!

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • Admin
    I was too slow with my post on mobile phone. if you wish I remove the tag again, so you can announce it separately later.

KayDiefenthal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2006
    Germany - Bonn
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @mm1352000

if you want help and can see an chance that i (an Hoobiest can helping you)
    can we start an private message ?
    or is your privacy much more an holy grail
    than without communication cant i help
    my last offtopic post here

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom