TVE 3.5 Development support from community (1 Viewer)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So in short: I need help, or TVE 3.5 is dead.
    Sorry to hear that, hopefully it won't come to that.
    Do we have a list of tasks and features that need to be completed for TVE 3.5 to be delivered?

What's clear to me is that the current situation is not sustainable. Ever since I joined that community 4 years ago TVE 3 has more or less been in code freeze because TVE 3.5 was being worked on. Four years is a very long time when talking about software development.

I think our main problem is one of processes and methodology. You can't tell a very dynamic open source community the code is frozen for more than four years. People who contribute here usually do it because they want to improve their own user experience with the product. If they see they can't contribute or it's too complicated and time consuming to contribute then they don't and our product is stagnating. Lengthy code freeze is not compatible with open source development. Similarly people don't really care about contributing to a branch that's not being used in production because it does not benefit them in the short term.

Thankfully a solution to our problem exists, we ought to be more Agile. Fix ourselves achievable goals for our level of resource and contribute it to master bits by bits in a timely fashion. We can't keep alive development branches for 4 years and more.

@mm1352000 Hopefully you are not reading any personal attack in the above statements. You do know I have a the greatest respect for your work and dedication to this community.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom