TVEngine3 Snapshot: 04-03-2008 05-07h Revision 18530 (1 Viewer)

nschoot

Portal Pro
July 29, 2007
To get back at the installer issue. I checked my uninstall information:

mp0230.jpg

It turns out that the name still contains RC3 (wrong), but Version contains 0.2.3.0 (correct). I DID install 0.2.3.0 Final

Looking at the registry:
registry.jpg

It turns out that that the installer should look at DisplayVersion and not DisplayName... I manually changed DisplayName and now the installer works for the client...

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    Lar1r and EMOK.... The scanning issue has been fixed in build 18553. I just tested it out.

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

It turns out that the name still contains RC3 (wrong), but Version contains 0.2.3.0 (correct). I DID install 0.2.3.0 Final

Looking at the registry
    It turns out that that the installer should look at DisplayVersion and not DisplayName... I manually changed DisplayName and now the installer works for the client...

Why does it work for so many other users?
    Did you uninstall rc3 before installing the final like we always recommended?
    You did anything wrong, so please backup your config files and databases and uninstaller all mp programs you have, after that clean the config dirs, install dirs by hand hand and install the all from the scratch.

regards
    chefkoch

nschoot

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2007
    Why does it work for so many other users?
    Did you uninstall rc3 before installing the final like we always recommended?
    You did anything wrong, so please backup your config files and databases and uninstaller all mp programs you have, after that clean the config dirs, install dirs by hand hand and install the all from the scratch.
    No idea why it works for so many users. I know I'm not the only one (grubi had it as well). I guess they had a clean installation.

I replaced the strings in the registry. Perfect workaround for the installation bug (I read in the changelog of yesterday that something has been changed anyway). I'll double check the installation logs that all files have been installed when I install the new SVN.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom