TvExperience Plugin

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Vic Demented, April 20, 2013.

1. Vic Demented
    • Premium Supporter

Vic Demented Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Once we're done with the Mediasite Plugin, I was thinking of building a plugin that was missing from all the other HTPC packages out there when I looked. I experimented with cutting the cord from SAT/Cable for over a year and all of them had one annoying thing in common. None of them could provide a solution for people who like to leave their tv on in the background all day (or night) long. My wife and I are so used to falling asleep with the TV on, neither of us can get any sleep if we are somewhere without one. So I was thinking it would be cool to build (if it doesn't already exist) a plugin that could would play random shows grouped by Network or Genre, etc. Not just a playlist, but a playlist that gets refreshed daily at the longest so that you get that 'broadcast' network experience without the annoying advertisements.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. erichzann
    • Premium Supporter

erichzann MP Donator

Platform Manager
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
  4. Vic Demented
    • Premium Supporter

Vic Demented Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    I didn't use XBMC...the UI frustrated me for some reason. I used Plex and Boxee and had to write my own. I didn't want to get into plugin development with either of those platforms so I just wrote a playlist generator that ran ever 30 mins on my mac mini.

5. Malakesher

Malakesher Portal Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have never enjoyed the XBMC UI either I came to MP first and nothing else seems as good but I have tried it a few times simply because I would love a feature like Pseudo TV. It would massively improve my Media Portal experience. I am often indecisive about what to watch because I have so much choice and I reckon the option to reduce that amount of control sometimes will be bliss.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!