TvExperience Plugin (1 Viewer)

Vic Demented

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 4, 2013
    Brugge, Belgium
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Once we're done with the Mediasite Plugin, I was thinking of building a plugin that was missing from all the other HTPC packages out there when I looked. I experimented with cutting the cord from SAT/Cable for over a year and all of them had one annoying thing in common. None of them could provide a solution for people who like to leave their tv on in the background all day (or night) long. My wife and I are so used to falling asleep with the TV on, neither of us can get any sleep if we are somewhere without one. So I was thinking it would be cool to build (if it doesn't already exist) a plugin that could would play random shows grouped by Network or Genre, etc. Not just a playlist, but a playlist that gets refreshed daily at the longest so that you get that 'broadcast' network experience without the annoying advertisements.

Vic Demented

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 4, 2013
    Brugge, Belgium
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I didn't use XBMC...the UI frustrated me for some reason. I used Plex and Boxee and had to write my own. I didn't want to get into plugin development with either of those platforms so I just wrote a playlist generator that ran ever 30 mins on my mac mini.

Malakesher

Portal Member
    February 27, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have never enjoyed the XBMC UI either I came to MP first and nothing else seems as good but I have tried it a few times simply because I would love a feature like Pseudo TV. It would massively improve my Media Portal experience. I am often indecisive about what to watch because I have so much choice and I reckon the option to reduce that amount of control sometimes will be bliss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom