[TV] TVGuide fails to display (2 Viewers)

sridharb

Portal Pro
October 13, 2007
Home Country
India India
MediaPortal Version: SVN from 02-06-2010
Windows Version: Windows 7 64-bit

In the latest SVN, the TVGuide fails to display. I get a series of
2010-02-06 19:47:34.882308 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: ProcessWindows exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at TvPlugin.TvGuideBase.Process()
errors when I do so.

The resulting screen looks like the attached picture.

I have attached the relevant logs.

What could be going wrong? If any other details are needed, please let me know.

Thanks,
Sridhar

Attachments

• TVGuide.png
    TVGuide.png
    782.8 KB

sridharb

Portal Pro
October 13, 2007
Home Country
India India
The problem was that I had Radio channels. It was also speculated in a separate thread that having an IPTV channel also causes this. I deleted the RadioWebBuiltIn card as well as deleted all the IPTV cards. That didn't help until I actually got rid of all the radio channels.

Hopefully this is fixed soon.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    had this once after I changed some setting or other.

Try clearing the skin cache and restarting MP

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Can you please start Tv Server configuration -> go to manual control -> see if you can select channels there

I would guess that you can not.
    Please also check inside "Channels" if all your channels are maped to the "All Channels" group at least.

Questions:
    - did this issue suddenly occur?
    - did this issue occur after and upgrade to a recent svn build?
    - did this issue occur after a clean installation + channelscan?
    - did you do a clean installation and used a imported channellist backup?

sridharb

Portal Pro
    October 13, 2007
    Home Country
    India India
    Hi Chris,

Thanks for responding. I now realize that this back story could also be useful.

1. The issue did not suddenly occur.
    2. I had moved from an XP-based system to a Windows 7-based 64-bit system (clean install). I had problems with my ATSC TV cards being recognized - this was solved in the latest SVN.
    3. Now that the TV cards (Hauppauge 2250 and 1600) were recognized, I went ahead and imported my old channel information into the new database.
    4. This is when I started having these problems.
    5. Then I did a clean install (fresh database as well) and did a scan.
    6. These problems continued.
    7. In another thread (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/electronic-program-guide-67/tv-guide-changegroup-73372/), people had a similar issue. There it was speculated that deleting the web radio channel as well as the IP TV channel solved it. I tried that and it didn't help.
    8. In another thread (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/radio-482/tv-oder-radio-sender-hinzufuegen-1-1-0-a-69871/), people talked about the radio channels being the issue. Since radio is not that important, I just deleted them and voila, the TV guide works.

Regarding the mapping of the channels to the All Channels list: yes, all the channels do appear in the All Channels group. However, when I right click on a channel and say Add to All Channels, the group for that channel shows as All Channels. When I exit and come back, the group indication for that channel is wiped out. The All Channels group is untouched.

I do not see in the database a link between the All Channels group and the channels - is this maintained elsewhere? That is there is no attribute in the Channels table that refer to the group Id table.

Thanks,
    Sridhar

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    sridharb

this is quite strange....

what happens inside "Manual Control" of the Tv Server Configuration application?
    Can you select and tune channels there?

sridharb

Portal Pro
    October 13, 2007
    Home Country
    India India
    Hi Chris,

Yes, I am able to select and tune channels in the Manual Control section. I had not played with this before.

Please let me know if you would like to change something and then try reintroducing the Radio Channels.

Regards,
    Sridhar

sridharb

Portal Pro
    October 13, 2007
    Home Country
    India India
    Yes, I am able to select and tune channels in the Manual Control section. I had not played with this before.
    Hmm... then your info inside the database seems to be okay..... but why wont it work inside MediaPortal.... :confused:

Just want to point out that it is "working" in MediaPortal. I am able to see the channels as well as view the TV Guide. The problem seemed to be when the Radio Channels were there as well.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hmm... then your info inside the database seems to be okay..... but why wont it work inside MediaPortal.... :confused:

Just want to point out that it is "working" in MediaPortal. I am able to see the channels as well as view the TV Guide. The problem seemed to be when the Radio Channels were there as well.
    Oh i missed that.
    So you deleted all your radiostations and then it worked?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom