TVGuide Ok but no data available (1 Viewer)

maxd13

Portal Member
January 2, 2007
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Hello,

I m using the media portal 0.2.3.0 rc1 with the lastest SVN build on a Vista Machine and i get some troubles with the TV guide...

Everything seems to be running correctly since a few week but i can t get the guide display on the TV guide... no data available...

i run the webepg.exe on the startup, the TVguide-writing file is creating correctly and after a few min rename as TVguide. i can see the channel program on the file but still no data on the guide

i get some fatal error for a few channel but this doesn t block the process i think..?

please advice if you have any idea.

thanks Max

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Have you configured the EPG grabber (in MediaPortal Setup) to get the EPG data from TVGuide.xml?

maxd13

Portal Member
    January 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    hello,

Yes, unfortunately yes... what do you think about my TVGuide.xml file.. nothing wrong or error who can make this issue?

Do you think it can be a access right issue.. you know with vista we are never sure that we are really admin....

Waiting your advice!!!

Thanks
    Max

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    what do you think about my TVGuide.xml file.. nothing wrong or error who can make this issue?

Your TVGuide.xml file looks fine - I cannot see anyting that would prevent the data from being displayed in the EPG.

Do you think it can be a access right issue.. you know with vista we are never sure that we are really admin....

Sorry, I don't have any experience with Vista, so I cannot offer any suggestions.

Can you try to force MediaPortal to load the EPG by going into the TV Guide screen, press F9, and select "Import TV Guide". That should work OK, but if that fails to complete, could you then close MediaPortal and post your resulting MediaPortal.log file here (as an attachment) - that might give us a clue ...

maxd13

Portal Member
    January 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    hello,

finally found out, i didn't know about the F9 option .. So I was getting this error message on the pop up windows and on the log :

2007-07-26 23:00:37.656712 [ERROR][MPMain]: XML tv import error loading H:\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\xmltv\tvguide.xml err:Could not find file 'H:\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\xmltv\xmltv.dtd'.

With vista MP install some file on the "programdata" hidden folder on the C: drive, So I just move the xmltv.dtd on my MP install folder and now it s working fine

Thanks again for your great help
    Max

petsa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2007
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Taipan,

I have a very similar problem but I am using XP. I tried your suggestion to use F9 to force an import but it seems that hotkey is not working in my EPG guide window. Is there any other way to force an import?

I left MP running over night just to see if it would load after some delay but no success.

Nothing in the logs either. However, TV Engine3 have imported the XML and correctly registered a large number of programs in the TVGuide.xml.

/Peter

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    The problem with xml file not found in vista it's because it's not there. On vista user configured files are in C:\Users\All Users\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal folder, so thats a bug....

Regards
    Roy

petsa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2007
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Roy,

I use XP. Do you know if MP is looking somewhere else on XP as well?

/Peter

Lord_Calvert

May 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I too have been experiencing this problem. I'm running tvengine3 and RC1 with SVN 15417 in a single seat setup on an XP machine. Miniguide is working and I can even search shows from the tv preview screen. But when I goto the guide it just says "label missing" and ther's no channel logos either. Tried hittin F9 but nothing happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom