TVGuide's Hebrew text is a mess when running on XP (1 Viewer)

Shay1000

Portal Member
December 19, 2011
Home Country
Israel Israel
Hi I am running MediaPortal 1.2.1 TV server on Windows7. All is working fine. TVGuide is showing perfectly on that machine and on a second Windows7 client machine.
However, on an XP machine, the same version of MediaPortal, is showing the TVGuide and programs info in a wrong way. The letters are messed up, the letters are being duplicated etc. This is not readable.

Here is a snapshot from the XP remote client ( appears wrong ):
mediaportalepgxp.jpg

Here is a snapshot from a remote Windows7 client ( appears correctly ):
mediaportalepgwin7.jpg

Can I somehow make the XP client to display the text correctly?
I would appreciate any suggestions for me to check.
Thanks!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi and welcome Shay1000 :)

What are the native languages that you've configured on each of those PCs? The required fonts might be missing from XP unless they are intentionally installed.

mm

Shay1000

Portal Member
    December 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Thanks. Already feels like home :)

Two observations I have:
    1. If I change the MediaPortal's Language to Hebrew on that XP machine, the TVGuide is showing OK. This is the workaround I am currently using ( which should be fine, as that XP laptop is for my wife to select shows to record from bed ).

2. The "mess" up behavior is actually that MediaPortal is making the words into palindrome. So if the word is "hello" it is showing as "helloolleh" - just with Hebrew letters. So I don't think this is about missing fonts, because they are seen. Probably something with the text processing/right-to-left/enconding handling.

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom