The current TV engine (TVE3) for Media Portal 1 and 2 was developed long time before and is not state of the art any more.
Accordingly we decided to develop the TVMosaic plugin as alternative TV provider. TVMosaic CE is freeware and can be configured by web browser. Because it is not bonded to windows it may run on many platforms.
Please note, that the plugin is currently in beta state and many functionalities could not be implemented yet. Within this thread you may follow the latest updates and support to test beta versions.
Any opinions and of course interested developers are welcome.
- 2022-01-03: - Fixed channel order and live EPG time
- 2022-01-05: - Fixed availability of program description, schedules are visible and work
- 2022-01-07: - Added gerne labels to EPG screens and recording details
- 2022-01-31: - TVMosaic settings on server, thumbnails and genres for recordings, new media source category
- 2022-02-03: - Fixed handling fo series schedules
- 2022-03-30: - Added experimental timeshift support
- 2022-04-01: - Fixed channel change / restart of same channel
- 2022-04-02: - Fixed stop on channel change, added caching for frequently accessed data
- 2022-04-08: - Probably fixed EPG gaps due to wrong time conversion. Added EPG data caching
- 2022-05-09: - Fixed build issue with OnlineVideos plugin
- 2022-06-22: - Recordings are automatically imported from TVMosaic share (playback only until import time)
- 2022-07-01: - Added functionality to delete recordings made with TVMosaic within MP2-Client
Downloads:Download - Custom Installer based on MP2.4.1 incl. TVMosaic
[COLOR=%s]Install the linked version of MP2.4. It already contains all needed plugins[/COLOR] (Optional for updates) Move out the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\SlimTv.NativeProvider" folder (there can be only one TV provider registered. If you would like to use the TVE3 later, do not delete it, but move it out of the MP2-Installation) (Optional for updates) Extract the contents of attached plugin to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\" with subfolders (finally a folder "SlimTv.TvMosaic" should be present in the plugin folder.
Configuration in TV settings of MP2-Client:
- Server address: <name> or IP for the device on which TVMosaic-service runs (default: "localhost", so nothing to enter, if on same device as MP2-Client). By default the port is already set to "9270"
- UserName: Can be set, if required
- Password: Can be set if required
- Since 2022-01-31 you need to add a new media source with the category "TVMosaic" to import recordings