MP2 - V2.5 TVMosaic Provider for MP2 (2 Viewers)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Try with the MDE branch, I've added them only with WIP2.4.1
    Then it also seems to be working here:

All my example recordings are coming from TvMosaic (see background list), and I get "Drama", "News" a.s.o.

1643543696374.png

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    All my example recordings are coming from TvMosaic (see background list), and I get "Drama", "News" a.s.o.
    Strange, I built server and client, removed the recording share and readded it. I'll once remove the bin folders and build it again.
    You have no thumbnails with TVMosaic recordings, those are showing here.

AdHu86

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2022
    Berlin
    Home Country
    England England
    I installed the new version. Everything looks good so far. I see genres and thumbnails for recordings. Schedules are correctly synchronized between MP2 and TVMosaic.
    There are just two points that could be improved:
    • In case of scheduling conflicts it’s not clear how they are handled in the background. It seems random
    • New recordings only show up after refreshing the recording share

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi everyone,

Just stumbled upon this thread.
    I am one of the original dvblink/tvmosaic developers. If there are any questions regarding the tvmosaic itself and its api I will be glad to help.
    Hi and thank you for your assistance here (y)

I have a question regarding the API and retrieving programs for a series schedule. One use made screenshots here: TVMosaic als Alternative für MP2.

My problem is, that I can retrieve the series-type schedule, but don't know how to retrieve the actual programs that will be recorded due to this schedule. Maybe you can give me a hint how to query them properly?

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have just come back to this after a pause to give the development a chance to progress and I am pleased to say it is looking much better.(y) Two thing I did notice, firstly the genre does not appear to be compatible with the genre colours option, no colours are shown regardless of the listed genre displayed in the EPG. Secondly there does not seem to be a way to delete recordings or cancel one in progress from MP2. When I delete a recording from the TV Mosaic gui it remains displayed in MP2 until Windows is restarted or the user logs out and logs back in, re-import or MP2 restart did not remove the recordings deleted in this way.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    firstly the genre does not appear to be compatible with the genre colours option, no colours are shown regardless of the listed genre displayed in the EPG
    Yes, that's correct. The genre mapping is done in the setup of TVE3, which is not present with the TVMosaic plugin.
    See here (end of page). I fear we need another way to support this.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    My problem is, that I can retrieve the series-type schedule, but don't know how to retrieve the actual programs that will be recorded due to this schedule.
    Ah, I think I found it myself, it's the "get_recordings" requests (I think you've mentioned it before). I have added part of code, but now need to fix other parts as well...

pbarvinko

Portal Member
    January 20, 2022
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ah, I think I found it myself, it's the "get_recordings" requests (I think you've mentioned it before). I have added part of code, but now need to fix other parts as well...
    Sorry for a late response. That's indeed the one. The method name is really misleading (it dates back to the Windows MediaCenter support times in dvblink. Timers were referred to as recordings in the WMC database).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom