MP2 - V2.5 TVMosaic Provider for MP2 (3 Viewers)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, the weekend is over
    I was away over weekend.

why there are several channels that are important to me, on which there is only sound and no image, these are TV channels
    Can you do some tests? I'd like to know if the stream/recorded file is valid and LAV can play it. Can you do this:
    1. Start a short recording of the channel that does not have video
    2. Stop after few minutes
    3. Copy it from TvMosaic folder into a new folder like "c:\Test"
    4. Add a video media source inside MP2 that points to "c:\Test", let import finish
    5. Goto "Browse Media", select Test folder, try to playback
    6. Collect MP2-Logfiles, upload them here
    7. Upload the example recording file here for me to check

danila_112

Portal Member
    February 14, 2022
    Home Country
    Belarus Belarus
    Can you do some tests?
    Hello!
    I made a recording, it is played by the VLC player. I also recorded a video from the TV screen, where you can see that there is no image, but there is sound.

PS: I want to add, I noticed that this behavior of MP2 is not constant and these channels show as expected.

Attachments

• Log.rar
      19.7 KB
    • VID_20220308_103612.mp4
      19.5 MB
    Last edited:

LabradorRetrieve

March 10, 2022
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I upgraded from MP 2.3 to MP 2.4.

In MP 2.3 the TV Tuner Configuration setup finds 55 channels (ATSC). I am using a Hauppauge 885 tuner card.

After upgrading to MP 2.4 the TVMosaic configuration recognizes my Hauppauge tuner card, but can only find 10 channels.

Questions:
    • Is there something I need to change in the TVMosaic server setup to receive all of the channels that the Hauppauge tuner card is picking up?
    • If not, is there a way to disable the TVMosaic plugin, and use the old TVE3 plugin? If not, should I just downgrade back to MP 2.3

TIA

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is there something I need to change in the TVMosaic server setup to receive all of the channels that the Hauppauge tuner card is picking up?
    We can not provide support to the server side of TVMosaic, because it's not our code and we just link our plugin to it

If not, is there a way to disable the TVMosaic plugin, and use the old TVE3 plugin? If not, should I just downgrade back to MP 2.3
    No downgrade necessary. The version in this thread is the MP2.4 version with TVMosaic plugin included. You can uninstall this version and just install the regular MP2.4 release version from the download section.

danila_112

Portal Member
    February 14, 2022
    Home Country
    Belarus Belarus
    Dear developers, tell me, is there any progress on my problems? I also wanted to ask about the Russian translation of the menu, which I did about three weeks ago.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I also wanted to ask about the Russian translation of the menu, which I did about three weeks ago.
    The translations need to be pulled into a branch and the installer needs to be build. In your case you need the specific TvMosaicBranch.
    For the regular installers they will be available with next release.

@morpheus_xx I'm not sure, if the TC transfer to AppVeyor is finalized or how to use it. I failed to build the branch locally in the past. It would be better to pull the translations from transifex into the branch and to build the installer online.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am currently working to get a new build compiled by AppVeyor. Due to changes in build chain it takes a while to fix all steps. But I think there will be a new setup soon.

It will also contain new translations... Further code changes are not yet part.

danila_112

Portal Member
    February 14, 2022
    Home Country
    Belarus Belarus
    it's up-to-date 2.4.1
    Good news! Do I understand correctly that version 2.4.1 contains fixes for the lack of an image with audio present? I installed and will report problems. Already noticed changes in localization, a translation appeared where it was not in the previous version. I, in turn, will try to translate the rest in the near future.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Do I understand correctly that version 2.4.1 contains fixes for the lack of an image with audio present?
    It will also contain new translations... Further code changes are not yet part.
    Unfortunately no. This build is the base for further checks, but needed to be done to allow our new CI pipeline (AppVeyor) to automatically build new releases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom