MP2 - V2.5 TVMosaic Provider for MP2 (2 Viewers)

harryzwo

Portal Pro
July 25, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
That's always possible, but it's only a 'crutch'. Of course I want the recordings with the information.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That's always possible, but it's only a 'crutch'. Of course I want the recordings with the information.
    How should that be possible, if the infos are only in the TVMosaic DB? ;) I think you misunderstood the comment of @morpheus_xx it was only a way to get at least the recordings. It was not ment as a recovery solution.
    The TVE3 and TVE 3.5 always store the recording infos in a xml file beside the recording, so a regular import always provides all infos, even other software could mostly access these infos.
    TVMosaic stores the data only in its own data base, so there is no other way than extracting it from there. If recordings are missing in the TVMosaic DB, the related infos are lost forever. It's a weak point of TVMosaic for sure, but nothing we could influence.

A solution could be only, if the recording title is 100% unique and matching to e.g. a TVDB entry, means the online scrapper takes the data from online sources. (But this would never provide infos like when and where the file was recorded).
    This is possible, if you add the recording folder as movie or series folder I guess. Problem: MP2 will never know how to handle the recording: Movie or Series? But could be, that MP2 even ignores the media type, because of the *.ts file extension of recordings and automatically decide the media type "recordings". This is something I could try tomorrow, I have a few dummy recordings for this.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    A solution could be only, if the recording title is 100% unique and matching to e.g. a TVDB entry, means the online scrapper takes the data from online sources. (But this would never provide infos like when and where the file was recorded).
    This is possible, if you add the recording folder as movie or series folder I guess. Problem: MP2 will never know how to handle the recording: Movie or Series? But could be, that MP2 even ignores the media type, because of the *.ts file extension of recordings and automatically decide the media type "recordings". This is something I could try tomorrow, I have a few dummy recordings for this.
    I just tried it, it works with the restrictions described. You can add it as movie or series share and MP2 will try to scrap data online, but it will never distinguish between movie and series files.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Trying to download.
    This is the message:
    {"message":"Artifact not found or access denied."}
    The auto built package links are only on the server for about a month.
    I added a new installer incluing TVMosaic plugin in first post. The new installer is explained here.

phi

Portal Member
    August 9, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

I'm trying to set up Scenario 2. Until now all on PC1 is installed and works fine: TvM-Server and MP2-Server and Client from the TvM-Thread. Now with installation of Client only on PC2 I run into "installation failed due to an unexpected error" after preparation screens
    • Accept Terms in Licence Agreement
    • Select to install: Client Only
    • Select package: With TV Mosaic Client instead of TVE
    • Overview acknowledges Install of Client, Service Monitor, Log Collector, TvM-Client [Dokan, LAV and C++'es are already there, see Screenshot: 20221104-105617.jpg
    • Confirm UAC dialog
    … and after that there's a message about cache briefly visible and a fail screen immediately follows:
    20221104-105643.jpg
    → "Finish"

I have attached the install log but have no idea what the actual problem is.

Any Hints?

Thanks in advance
    Philipp

Attachments

• MP2-Setup.log
      17.7 KB

AdHu86

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2022
    Berlin
    Home Country
    England England
    Try to uninstall alle earlier versions of MP2 before starting the new installer. I think I had a similar issue and somebody in this forum told me, that the new installer routine is not compatible with the previous one.

phi

Portal Member
    August 9, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Try to uninstall alle earlier versions of MP2 before starting the new installer. I think I had a similar issue and somebody in this forum told me, that the new installer routine is not compatible with the previous one.
    I did that, I even did a reboot after uninstalling older MP2 and the described problem above shows with trying to install from scratch after that reboot.:(o_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom