MP2 - V2.5 TVMosaic Provider for MP2 (3 Viewers)

AdHu86

Portal Pro
January 14, 2022
Berlin
Home Country
England England
I can reproduce the issue, loading time is really long. It happens only on every start of MP2-Client.
I'm not sure, why it takes so long while it's fast with TVE3.x.
Thanks, any chance this can be fixed? How about loading it in the background when the client is started?

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The issue here is that we cache a full day's EPG from TvMosaic when EPG is first requested. This can/should probably be optimized to do it in smaller chunks. I'll try and take a look.

tonewheelkev

Portal Pro
    February 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Have spent all morning trying to get TVMosaic working in MP2....not easy for me.
    Used the installer referred to in #1.....although #2 suggested that this wasn't required....so confused here.
    Now....TV server config for MP2 has gone missing....and I have no control over available channels
    .....really confused here.....is there an idiot guide please?
    Are all necessary links contained in #1 please?
    (I switched from MP1 some weeks ago after using it successfully for over 10 years!)

Aaaaagggghhhhhhh....................................I've attached error logs if that helps!!?

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2023-06-05-13.35.59.zip
      1.6 MB
    Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    TV server config for MP2 has gone missing
    Of course it's missing as you don't use MP TV Server any longer, if you want to use TVMosaic. You need to configure everything in the TVMosaic config page shown in the browser on the system hosting the TVMosaic server. This can be the same machine where the MP2 server and/or client is running but it didn't need to be on the same system. It also can be a NAS or RaspberryPi or any other system in your local network. TVMosaic is not limited to Windows, it can be installed on nearly every OS available (Windows, Linux, Mac,...). So you can e.g. install TVMosaic on your NAS, if it is connected to the tuner (via network or physical by adding e.G. USB tuner to your NAS). Something that is not possible with MP's TVEngine 3.0 or 3.5 as they are "Windows Only".

You first need to install and configure TVMosaic CE server somewhere in your local network. If you are using local tuners (aka tv-cards) you need to install TVMosaic on the same machine than the tuner cards. If you are using IPTV or SAT>IP or similar it did not matter where you install TVMosaic Server...
    You can download and install TVMosaic standalone from the official places or, if you want to run TVMosaic on the same system as the MP2 server you also can use the last installer from first post that includes the TVMosaic installation. In both cases you need to configure channels, path, tuners,... in the TVMosaic config (shown in the web browser) really similar as you did it with the config tool for TVEngine in MP1... It may look different but the main functions and features are more or less the same, excerpt that TVMosaic has more features and supports more tuner types and transport- Technics than TVE...

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please have a look into the WIKI:
    TVMosaic (TVM) Setup
    Edit: I have updated the first post a bit, to make things clearer. As the complete thing is WIP, I did not take care about the post too much.

Last edited:

tonewheelkev

Portal Pro
    February 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Hi.

Of course it's missing as you don't use MP TV Server any longer, if you want to use TVMosaic. You need to configure everything in the TVMosaic config page shown in the browser on the system hosting the TVMosaic server. This can be the same machine where the MP2 server and/or client is running but it didn't need to be on the same system. It also can be a NAS or RaspberryPi or any other system in your local network. TVMosaic is not limited to Windows, it can be installed on nearly every OS available (Windows, Linux, Mac,...). So you can e.g. install TVMosaic on your NAS, if it is connected to the tuner (via network or physical by adding e.G. USB tuner to your NAS). Something that is not possible with MP's TVEngine 3.0 or 3.5 as they are "Windows Only".

You first need to install and configure TVMosaic CE server somewhere in your local network. If you are using local tuners (aka tv-cards) you need to install TVMosaic on the same machine than the tuner cards. If you are using IPTV or SAT>IP or similar it did not matter where you install TVMosaic Server...
    You can download and install TVMosaic standalone from the official places or, if you want to run TVMosaic on the same system as the MP2 server you also can use the last installer from first post that includes the TVMosaic installation. In both cases you need to configure channels, path, tuners,... in the TVMosaic config (shown in the web browser) really similar as you did it with the config tool for TVEngine in MP1... It may look different but the main functions and features are more or less the same, excerpt that TVMosaic has more features and supports more tuner types and transport- Technics than TVE...
    Great.....and where do I set up timeshifting now.....?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm happy to lend a hand with the wiki where I can but it won't be till after the end of this month.
    The setup of the TVMosaic Server is mostly opwn (I just started and added some headlines as place holders.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The setup of the TVMosaic Server is mostly opwn (I just started and added some headlines as place holders.
    Sorry but won't be be freed up till the middle of next week!:cautious: I will get started on it asap.
    Great.....and where do I set up timeshifting now.....?

You don't need to, pause, skip etc should work out of the box!

Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    and where do I set up timeshifting now.....?
    I just can talk about Kodi as I have no more Windows HTPC. In Kodi you setup Timeshifting in the client(s), individually for every client.

TVMosaic Kodi Timeshift.jpg

MP2 is supporting Timeshift too since 2022-03 (see in first post). But I can't tell you how to setup it as I'm not using MP2 any longer... I've tried TVMosaic with Kodi and it does pretty well. But as I'm mostly using IPTV and I need to limit data rate due to my slow internet I'm using DVB-Viewer with Kodi. In DVB-Viewer I can limit the IPTV bandwidth as I needed it to get a smooth playback. This feature is missing in TVMosaic. Probably when I finally get the long time promised fast internet connection here I will change to TVMosaic again, but this I don't know right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom