MP2 - V2.5 TVMosaic Provider for MP2 (1 Viewer)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There was no change regarding this problem. It happens to me in regular NativeTV builds as well. But I have not fully nailed the exact scenario when it happens
    I know, but since I installed the latest I am no longer seeing this.
    I have no idea what I could do against this. The video decoding is done by LAV splitter / decoder which I can't control further. Only thing could be the default codec selection inside MP2 video player config. You could try another codec for different video types
    I think you may have something there, both MP2/Settings/General/System/Hardware Acceleration and LAV were set to the default None, changing that to DXVA2 and LAV to DXVA2 (Copy Back) to match my AMD graphics card has noticeably improved the time from channel switch to video playing. Also after extensive testing I have not once seen a no video failure. I also tried setting LAV to D3D11 which I know works well with Madvr on MP1 and AMD graphics but the channel switching time was definitely longer with a black screen showing for some seconds but on this shorter test no actual loss of video.
    I would suggest everyone makes sure that both LAV and MP2 setting match their graphics.

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I know, but since I installed the latest I am no longer seeing this.

I think you may have something there, both MP2/Settings/General/System/Hardware Acceleration and LAV were set to the default None, changing that to DXVA2 and LAV to DXVA2 (Copy Back) to match my AMD graphics card has noticeably improved the time from channel switch to video playing. Also after extensive testing I have not once seen a no video failure. I also tried setting LAV to D3D11 which I know works well with Madvr on MP1 and AMD graphics but the channel switching time was definitely longer with a black screen showing for some seconds but on this shorter test no actual loss of video.
    I would suggest everyone makes sure that both LAV and MP2 setting match their graphics.
    For me it was still set to "Auto" and everything else was on "LAV". I just installed an older version again to be sure not something else is the root cause. The 6th installer from first post works stable here. So something changed bringing (at least here) a negative effect.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've added a new version to 1st post where I could hopefully fix the EPG gap issue and could improve program loading by using a cache for whole day.

When I tried to play kika I also had now video and GraphStudio showed me a broken graph:
    1649434698107.png

It could not parse source stream, so no output pins and codecs can connect. Don't know yet what's wrong here

danila_112

Portal Member
    February 14, 2022
    Home Country
    Belarus Belarus
    fix the EPG
    Good work! But my first start on picture. No data over programs. I closed MP2 and started again and now the EPG is displayed correctly.
    Upd.
    PS: For the purity of the experiment, I rebooted Windows and the EPG was displayed correctly! It is perfectly! But there was a problem with the broken graph. Before yesterday's release, I did not use MP2. For several days I watched TV through KODI. On my HTPC, it works faster, there are no problems with the graph and EPG, but there are problems with the timeshift, KODI crashes with it on.

Attachments

• DSC_0647.JPG
      DSC_0647.JPG
      3.4 MB
    Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    EPG also works fine here. The black screen issue (especially for HD channels) is still present (I know it was not changed ;))

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just noticed that the latest install does not appear to have the Online Videos plugin (I'm sure it was there on earlier versions) or is it just that mine is missing?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just noticed that the latest install does not appear to have the Online Videos plugin (I'm sure it was there on earlier versions) or is it just that mine is missing?
    Yes, I can also confirm. I think there were some changes in the build scripts and it’s unintentional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom