TVNZ On Demand - No URL (1 Viewer)

metalla_nz

Portal Pro
June 19, 2007
Hamilton
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hey Guys,

I've had a bit of a play and cant find out how to fix this issue, and Im starting to get a bit of heat from her indoors.

Is anyone able to fix up the TVNZ On Demand site for online videos?? It keeps saying No url for video...

Any help is appreciated, even if it's only instructions of how I can fix it myself.

Thanks

ArnoldGoat

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 27, 2007
    Lyttelton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have this problem too. If I choose "Recent". there is a list. Most of them return "Unable to play the video, no URL", except for "Tiki" which produces a list of resolutions, and works if I select one. The log is for a session with 3 failed attempts and the one (Tiki) successful one. Logs attached. TIA for looking at this. Is this the right place to post? Version: MP1.2.3, dynamic updates applied.

Attachments

• Ondemand.zip
      12 KB

ArnoldGoat

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 27, 2007
    Lyttelton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Well, maybe you spoke too soon. It's back! Here's a log at debug level. I've got 2 MP clients and the problem appears on both. I chose 'recent' and tried the first 6. The only one that played was the third one 'Tiki'. The videos are playable OK from TVNZ's website. Is there any further info or testing I can help with?

Attachments

• Ondemand.zip
      51.2 KB

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I guess it's due to me using the ps3 api, and (if memory serves me correct) there were some discrepancies between the real site and the ps3.
    Perhaps it's time to give the lot a revamp, and base it on the real site, but that's going to be a bit of work, so can't promise anything

Edit: after browsing through the site, and the history of onlinevideos, it's beginning to dawn on me.
    It was very difficult to get consistent videolists for each category. f.e. if I click on V48Hours (Browse by title A-Z and then "V") I get a 404 page.
    V48Hours 10 of the best (10 Episodes) gives a page with no videos on it.
    Volvo Ocean race (22 episodes) leads me to a page with Full Episodes (15 videos). Clicking on view all full episodes (22 of them) titled "Your search for "volvo ocean race video" returned 22 results", so their could possibly be more videos as just the series you want to watch.

So it was all very confusing, and I decided to use the more consistent ps3 api. But that has it's flaws also...

Last edited:

ArnoldGoat

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 27, 2007
    Lyttelton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    What a mess! I can understand why you wouldn't want to apply too much effort for the handful of MP users in NZ.

Consistency isn't TVNZ's strong suit. I keep missing programmes because they (I assume TVNZ) make spelling and punctuation errors in the EPG. I was even considering asking MP to do a 'fuzzy match'.

I'll just make it a bit easier to launch a browser on my HTPC.
    In my case, I just use "recent" to catch the programmes missed because of the EPG, but that probably has its own inconsistencies.

Thanks anyway.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I can check if there's a section "recent" on the website, perhaps I can add that one to the existing categories.

In the mean time, perhaps Browsetheweb is something to consider?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom