doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I guess it's your lucky day!

I managed to implement a fallback if the video url can't be found. In that case, it fetches the website's html and work from that

ArnoldGoat

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 27, 2007
    Lyttelton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    In fact after posting it occurred to me that there was probably a browser plugin. The "recent" I referred to is already a category I think. On the website it is currently called RECENTLY ADDED BROUGHT TO YOU BY FARMERS. But I wouldn't worry.

I see the browser plugin is yours. It installs on my development PC OK, but not on my HTPC. It appears to install, but crashes the installer when the config window appears. If I force it to enable in setup, I can get an error log. This is probably the wrong place for this discussion. Pity I couldn't get it to go, it looks just the job!

Update: your post about fallback just arrived. Thanks. I'll try it.
    Update2: Works fine. You're a star!
    Update3: ... well almost. The fallback seems to play the same video for all missing URLs. Looks like "once upon a time" or some such programme.

Attachments

• error.zip
      423 bytes
    Last edited:

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hm, I guess I have to test more than 1 video the next time :)

About the error in browsetheweb: I've seen that one before but then it was the other way around (worked on htpc, error on devpc) so he was happy, and I didn't investigate further.
    I couldn't replicate that situation at my end, are you able and willing to setup teamview or something alike, so that I can take a good look at your situation? (Because somehow, logs didn't get me any further into that issue)

ArnoldGoat

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 27, 2007
    Lyttelton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks. I tried 5, got 2 different Cloud Babies, 2 Neighbours, and a Tagata Pasifika. I didn't have the stomach for any more! Looks like you fixed it.
    I will do some more checking my end before troubling you further about BrowseTheWeb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom