TVplugin - avoiding RTSP in multiseat mode (test plz). (2 Viewers)

artisticcheese

Portal Pro
February 1, 2007
Thanks,

Where do I get the actual plugin? Is it already included in MP1 and I just need to change config file to utilize it?

artisticcheese

Portal Pro
February 1, 2007
I'm seeing doubles when I go to Recorded TV. Is it expected? I don't use UNC just shared root of G drive and I have 2 tuners writing to the same locations.

rvanmoorsel

Portal Member
September 5, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
This isn't as I have it. Try using UNC path. BTW, the config file you need to change is C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.xml
And don't forget to restart MP after you change this file.

x4mer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Why do the instructions say to share the root drive of the folders?

I shared the recordings & timeshift folders only, & set them in the config as \\server\recordings & \\server\timeshift. I set the rtsp=no option on the client, & everything works fine as far as I can tell, including comskip working now.

Is there some reason to share the root of the drive, that is going to cause me problems I just haven't encountered yet?

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    I'm guessing it says share the root of the drive just because it makes it easier and simpler for everyone to get this going?

rvanmoorsel

Portal Member
    September 5, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    For me it was required to share the root of my drive, because I didn't set the recordingpath and timeshiftingpath options. My MP client PC looked for the recordings in \\192.168.0.10\D\Mediaportal\Recordings (in my case). This I found in the logfiles. So that's why I shared the root of my drive. Maybe in a different setup this isn't needed (Both my MP client and the MP server are Windows XP Pro SP3 using the 1.0.0 version of MediaPortal)

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi!

I've now switched from rtsp to NON RTSP like in this thread cause i can use HDTV without the RTSP limitations and i can use comskip on external clients. But i've now a srange problem.

Since i've switched away from RTSP my Channels are stuttering for 2-5 seconds every 5-10 minutes. First i thought it must be a network connection problem and replaced the switch but this didn't helped and also with RTSP it is working fine for SD, so network must be OK. Any other ideas why this happens? In network graph i see a constant 5Mbit/s rate then suddently it goes down to zero, then up to 10 and then back to 5.

I'm using Vista 32bit.

stoked

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi!

I've now switched from rtsp to NON RTSP like in this thread cause i can use HDTV without the RTSP limitations and i can use comskip on external clients. But i've now a srange problem.

Since i've switched away from RTSP my Channels are stuttering for 2-5 seconds every 5-10 minutes. First i thought it must be a network connection problem and replaced the switch but this didn't helped and also with RTSP it is working fine for SD, so network must be OK. Any other ideas why this happens? In network graph i see a constant 5Mbit/s rate then suddently it goes down to zero, then up to 10 and then back to 5.

I'm using Vista 32bit.

I was just chatting with gibman about this last night. I believe it's when the timeshift buffer files rotate that this happens. No fix yet, but hopefully we can find a solution as this is the only issue I have with SMB streaming and it fixes a few issues with RTSP for me, so I'd much rather use SMB.

If you want to verify this is the cause, try making your timeshift buffer files 5MB in size and see if the stutters happen at a more frequent but consistent interval.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    mhm this could be / is possible i'll check this tonight. Any idea how to prevent this? Perhaps open an filehandle on the next timeshift file before it start writing to it?

Do you have the same error messages in tsreader log?

Code:
    03-02-2009 01:29:49.349 [f1c]MultiFileReader has waited 10 times for TSbuffer integrity.
    03-02-2009 01:29:49.350 [f1c]MultiFileReader has failed for TSbuffer integrity. Error : 80
    03-02-2009 01:29:49.689 [adc]MultiFileReader has waited 10 times for TSbuffer integrity.
    03-02-2009 01:29:49.689 [adc]MultiFileReader has failed for TSbuffer integrity. Error : 80
    03-02-2009 01:29:49.806 [f1c]MultiFileReader has waited 10 times for TSbuffer integrity.
    03-02-2009 01:29:49.807 [f1c]MultiFileReader has failed for TSbuffer integrity. Error : 80
    03-02-2009 01:29:50.059 [f1c]MultiFileReader has waited 6 times for TSbuffer integrity.
    03-02-2009 01:29:50.076 [adc]MultiFileReader has waited 10 times for TSbuffer integrity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom