TVPlugin doesn't use card priority to check recording conflicts (1 Viewer)

romadd64

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    TV-Server Version: 1.0.1 SVN
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0.1 SVN
    MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
    Windows Version: TVE3 : XP SP3 - Client : XP SP3 + Vista x64 SP1
    CPU Type: TVE3 : Intel E2180 - Client : AMD 4400 + Intel Q6600
    HDD: A lot
    Memory: TVE3 : 2 GB - Client : 2 GB + 8GB
    Motherboard: TVE3 : Asus P5KE-WiFi - Client : Barebone 690G + Asus P5KE-WiFi
    Video Card: TVE3 : Nvidia 7300 - Client : 690G + Nvidia 8800GT
    Video Card Driver: Last
    Sound Card: Client : SoundMax integrated
    Sound Card AC3: Optical Out
    Sound Card Driver: Last
    1. TV Card: 2 Terratec 2400i
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
    1. TV Card Driver: 1.0.3.266
    2. TV Card: FloppyDTV
    2. TV Card Type: DVB-T
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card: Technisat Skystar 2 PCI ver 2.1
    3. TV Card Type: DVB-S
    3. TV Card Driver: BDA 4.4.3.0
    4. TV Card: NVidia DualTV PAL
    4. TV Card Type: Analog
    4. TV Card Driver: 5.9.5.23
    MPEG2 Video Codec: MPV
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA
    h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Hotbird 13°E, Astra 19.2°E
    HTPC Case: TVE3 : Assembled, Client : Asus Barebone
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote:
    TV:
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

When a new recording is scheduled, TVPlugin checks for conflicts with other schedule.
    But its algorithm doesn't use card priority but card id to verify conflicts, giving false warnings.

Thanks in advance,
    romadd64

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The TVConflict manager isn't very intelligent at the moment.

For example if I set a recording for BBC One at 9PM this channel is available across all three of my tuners. If I then set a recording for BBC HD also at 9PM this channel only being available on one tuner MediaPortal will tell me there is a conflict!

If I set the recordings the other way around, BBC HD then BBC One there is no conflict registered. :confused:

romadd64

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Your situation probably depends from this bug.

You have only one card that can receive HD and SD channels
    You have another card that can receive SD channels.
    Normally it's better to give lower priority to the HD-SD card, so it's used only when you want an HD channel or your SD-only card it's already used.
    But if your HD tuner has a lower card ID, the conflicts manager in TVPlugin first tries to use this card, ignoring the priority.
    So you have the weird behaviour of your post.

romadd64

jhb

Portal Pro
    September 19, 2006
    Gothenburg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The conflict handling is not working good for watching TV either. The only way I have found to go around that is to have tha card with the lowest number of channels first, then more and more channels. This way conflicts are automatically solved by using the first card that actually can handle a scarce resource...

...however this is not working so good if you for instance start watching one channel that is a scarce resource on one client and then starts to watch another channel that is available on all clients on another client. When you then goes to a channel that is available on all clients on the first set and that channel is on another MUX than the channel that the other client is watching, then the other client can not switch to a channel that is a scarce resource anymore, since that has been taken by the first card, even though it is not trying to access any of the scarce resource channels...

The only solution to get around this is to have all channels available at minumum two cards, and any free channels (my example was based on having one card with free channels and one with a card reader) on additional cards on top of that (of course depending on the number of clients and the number of MUXes).

Anyway, the same thing happens with recording, so it is very important to think through how you are going to use your TV-cards for recording AND viewing and set the priorities after that...

baffledboy

Portal Member
    September 6, 2006
    The TVConflict manager isn't very intelligent at the moment.

For example if I set a recording for BBC One at 9PM this channel is available across all three of my tuners. If I then set a recording for BBC HD also at 9PM this channel only being available on one tuner MediaPortal will tell me there is a conflict!

If I set the recordings the other way around, BBC HD then BBC One there is no conflict registered. :confused:

EXACTLY the same problem here.

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Try For The Record if you're looking for conflict handling and full priority support :)

birty

Portal Member
    March 14, 2007
    I am also having the same problem. Other than manually hacking through the database is there a way to change the id of a card?

romadd64

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Birty,

I don't know another way.
    If you manually change the Id field in Cards table, you must also change records in every table that refers to it.

romadd64

Mikou

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi,

Any news about fix to this problem? Or any way to round the problem?
    I have same problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom