TVPortal AppleTV TV Frontend (1 Viewer)

Dirk23

Portal Pro
May 28, 2006
Fulda
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hey.

I just got my ATV4 and installed TVPortal on it. Everything Looks Fine, but when i Pause live TV and screesaver Comes up, the stream seems to be stopped or lost.
I cant scrubb Live TV. Pausing the live tv without a screensaver enabled leads to the same Effect, live stream stopped. if i try to scrubb the live stream is lost or stopped. I Use VLC HQ Profile, because VLC direct leads to a 4:3 Picture instead of a 16:9 Picture (as other Codecs give all a 16:9 Picture).

A other Question is: what are those white entrys in EPG? They always look like as if i selected that Channel!

Would be glad to hear from you.

BTW: i am a Hobby iOS Developer and would like to know of i can help you with that Project?

Regards

Dirk

Last edited:

Anu

Portal Pro
July 1, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
hi, I think you may have found some bugs.
* screensaver -> i thought i had fixed it. I will test it on live tv again.
* scrubbing live tv -> I haven't tested this. trying to go back is based on how media portal is doing it. I don't know that it is supported.
* vlc direct -> no idea why you get a 4:3 picture here. I do not experience this at all. I suspect using direct might resolve a lot of your issues.
* White entries on epg -> usually that means there isn't egg data. Could you make sure those channels have info. If they are squares in the middle of the grid, i would love to see a screenshot since i haven't seen that happen

I plan on making this app open source an git hub at some point. Would love help with development when I do.
Thanks

Anu

Portal Pro
July 1, 2016
Home Country
This has been updated to 1.7 to address issues in the latest tvOS update.

Anu

Portal Pro
July 1, 2016
Home Country
There is an update I am pushing out right now to get bug fixes in everyones hands. I may have to pull tvportal (iOS and tvOS) from the EU tomorrow because I believe crash reporting is not GDPR compliant. Apologies for the inconvenience. The fines are massive and not worth the risk. I'm trying to figure out what needs to change to be legal in the EU still.

Charlie Sparks

July 19, 2012
Morrisville, North Carolina
Home Country
I'm sure I'm missing something but I can't seem to get TVPortal to show any channels - I just have a timeline. I had this working on my older PC but I can't get it working on my new PC. I have MP 1.19 installed and working with Live TV (No EPG yet). MPExtend .6 is installed and I can connect to the server.

Update:
You need the EPG :)

Last edited:

LeeTXJD

Portal Member
May 12, 2012
Home Country
Anu,

The App continues to crash on opening.

I am willing to support your efforts to continue development. Do you have a patron?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom