TVPortal iOS TV Frontend (1 Viewer)

Anu

Portal Pro
July 1, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
If you like this app, please leave a positive review in the App Store. It is the most valuable thing you can do :)

1.9.1 with improved iPhone X support
==
1.7 is out. supports iPhone x and ios11
==
1.4 is out with EPG, Channel groups, improved settings UI and the ability to search for and schedule recordings

===

I have ported the TVPortal AppleTV Client (TVPortal AppleTV TV Frontend) to iOS. It does everything the Apple TV version does.I would like to test it more If you are interested, please let me know.
Notable features in this release:
1. view most recent recordings
2. resume your last watched recordings
3. episodes aggregated into shows
4. delete recordings after watching ( requires MPExtended 0.6 )
5. view upcoming recordings
6. view all scheduled recordings
7. live TV streaming

Attachments

• Simulator Screen Shot Oct 28, 2016, 8.04.12 AM.png
    Simulator Screen Shot Oct 28, 2016, 8.04.12 AM.png
    187.9 KB
  • Simulator Screen Shot Oct 28, 2016, 8.04.17 AM.png
    Simulator Screen Shot Oct 28, 2016, 8.04.17 AM.png
    235.1 KB
Last edited:

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Thanks for this (y). First impressions:

- Connection worked fine on first attempt.
    - I like the clean and fast gui.
    - Recordings work fine.
    - Showing schedules work fine
    - LiveTV not showing any channels at all
    - Feature request: show EPG and add schedules

Anu

Portal Pro
    July 1, 2016
    Home Country
    The live tv issue is interesting. I am using the default group to fetch channels. Is your setup different from stock setup?

EPG is in the works.

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    The live tv issue is interesting. I am using the default group to fetch channels. Is your setup different from stock setup?

What is the default group? Do you mean "All channels" this I have, but other groups too. And what setup do you mean? In you app only connection details and streaming profiles are available. I've chosen another streaming profile, but this shouldn't affect LiveTV channel reading?!?

Anu

Portal Pro
    July 1, 2016
    Home Country
    Ill have to look at the code. I believe it just request a default category i saw in the .net code. Ill update it to request any category the user desires, allowing people to do things like use a subset of channels instead of all.

Anu

Portal Pro
    July 1, 2016
    Home Country
    I request groupId: 1 on
    /json/GetChannelsBasic
    Its entirely possible this is incorrect. I believe it is the default for all channels and seems to work for most people.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Just had a play, many thanks for offering it free.

- Recordings worked fine except selecting a group of 33 Simpsons episodes crashed the app. I have crash reporter on the phone if it's any use to you I can grab the log.
    - Live TV, pretty please can we have groups? I don't remove from the main group after scanning, and there's lots of naughty channels in there :) It worked fine though.
    - Is the streaming rtsp? I have a weak wifi where I'm testing so it probably explains the breakups i'm getting.

As an app, it's a keeper, it feels really 'integrated'. If you decide to do a TV guide (I know, a lot of work!) then it would be a really classy experience.

Brilliant work, thank you!

Anu

Portal Pro
    July 1, 2016
    Home Country
    Odd, I have crashlytics on and that crash should have come in. I will double check to make sure that is working. If you do have that crash log please send it over.

Definitely adding EPG and more recording management. Groups seems to be something people use rather than just the main channels list. I will add an option in the future.

In settings you can choose your streaming profile on iOS if you need to reduce the quality. The FFMpegg ones work well. On Apple TV it will just use the direct streaming profile so its full HD uncompressed. I actually think the streaming is usually HTTP.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom