TVserver/channels not working (1 Viewer)

st1ven

Portal Member
April 14, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I have a problem with my Mediaportal system. I had to restart the windowssystem, and now I am unable to view any channels. Als when I go to the TVserver setup and start timeshift it will result in an error message "No PMT found" or "Unknown error occurred". I alsmost have these errors everytime I restart windows, but after some restarts it works again. But now I have try to restart windows already serveral times, but still not working.

I cannot find any solution to fix this problem. I first tried to upgrade v1.13 to v1.14 pre release, but that didn't helped. I have also tried to repair the db using this site

Can someone see in my logfiles if I missed anything and help me to solve this problem?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi

Can someone see in my logfiles if I missed anything and help me to solve this problem?
    There are no obvious errors in your log files apart from the PMT time-out which you've already noted:
    [2016-03-22 19:50:19,935] [Log ] [scheduler thread] [DEBUG] - WaitForPMT: Timed out waiting for PMT after 10,0152176 seconds. Increase the PMT timeout value?

In this case it most likely indicates that TV Server is not receiving the stream from your tuner. Therefore check your network, firewall settings, HDHR setup/config etc. The decryption plugin you're using could also be causing this problem, and for that reason I cannot help further unless you can reproduce the problem with the plugin completely disabled.

Regards,
    mm

st1ven

Portal Member
    April 14, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi MM,

Thanks for your help

Increase the PMT timeout value?

I've incresed the timout from 10 seconds to 30 seconds, but this does not fix the problem.

Therefore check your network, firewall settings, HDHR setup/config etc

I am able to see the streams via the HDHomeRun VIEW application, so the these settings must be ok, right?

The decryption plugin you're using could also be causing this problem,

I got the errors also for the unencrypted channels.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've incresed the timout from 10 seconds to 30 seconds, but this does not fix the problem.
    I would not have expected that to help, which is why I didn't suggest it. Please change the setting back to 10 seconds (or even 5 if you like).

I am able to see the streams via the HDHomeRun VIEW application, so the these settings must be ok, right?
    No.
    The firewall can allow HDHR View while still blocking TV Server (TvService.exe, SetupTv.exe).
    Also, there is an "application" (or "main application"??? - I'm not exactly sure because it has changed in newer versions) setting in HDHR Setup which needs to be set to MediaPortal as shown below:
    upload_2016-3-23_11-46-53.png

I got the errors also for the unencrypted channels.
    This tells me nothing. The decryption plugin is "inline", so it will be active regardless of whether the channel is encrypted or not. Like I said, you must disable it (eg. rename the folder).

st1ven

Portal Member
    April 14, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    This tells me nothing. The decryption plugin is "inline", so it will be active regardless of whether the channel is encrypted or not. Like I said, you must disable it (eg. rename the folder).

I disabled this plugin and the non encrypted channels are working now..

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Great. So now you know that the plugin is the problem. As you're aware, we don't provide support for that plugin so you'll need to resolve the issue yourself. Good luck. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom