TVServer locks up after a few channel changes (1 Viewer)

damaster

Portal Pro
November 23, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
TV-Server Version: RC1 Rev 19127
MediaPortal Version: RC1 Rev 19127
MediaPortal Skin: Indigo
Windows Version: Windows Vista
CPU Type: AMD X2 6400+
HDD: WD SE16 500GB
Memory: 2GB DDR2 800
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA69GM-S2H
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro
Video Card Driver: Catalyst 8.3
Sound Card: Realtek Digital Audio
Sound Card AC3: Realtek Digital Audio
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova-S Plus
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink PowerDVD 7
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
h.264 Video Codec: CoreAVC
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: nMedia 200BA
Cooling: Zalman CNPS8700NT
Power Supply: Corsair 450VX
Remote: Home Theater Master MX-700
TV: Toshiba 50H82
TV - HTPC Connection: Component

I have a single-seat install.

After several channel changes, TVServer completely locks up and this causes MediaPortal to lock up as well. To solve the issue, I am forced to do an "End Task" of TVService.exe from the Task Manager. Only then will MediaPortal respond to user input, and only after restarting TVServer am I able to tune to channels again.

Logs attached show TsWriter blocking right after "DiskRecorder[TIMESHIFT] start of audio detected". The start of video never occurs and there's nothing after that in the log file.

Alternatively, tuning to channels by going to the Guide and hitting "Stop" on my MCE remote and then selecting a channel works flawlessly with every new channel tune. In other words, this bug only really occurs when changing channels while already tuned to and viewing another channel. Most channel changes will work well, but after about a dozen channel changes, it locks up.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    According the TVE3 log you are using MDAPI. Please reproduce the issue without it and post new logs.

damaster

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    According the TVE3 log you are using MDAPI. Please reproduce the issue without it and post new logs.

Hmm, unfortunately I only have 1 FTA channel to tune to. As a result, I would not be able to test this channel change scenario without MDAPI. Are you suggesting that the TvServer lock-up may be due to MDAPI? Shouldn't TvServer be robust to MDAPI and not lock-up/freeze even if the MDAPI plug-in screws up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom