TVServer not recording (1 Viewer)

olson2334

April 21, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello,

I am not sure if i am in the right place or not. I have TVServer running and it will record one of our 11 channels over the air. I can see both the shows setup to record within mediaportal so they are setup but it seems the one there is something wrong. When i run through the manual process of trying to time-shift the channels i can get it to work for the one channel but the remaining i am not able. Any ideas how i can get it to work? I have a homerun installed. What other information do you need to help me fix this?

Thanks.

olson2334

April 21, 2013
Home Country
is this the right forum for this question? If so, anyone else had this issue and how did you fix it?

Thanks.

olson2334

April 21, 2013
Home Country
Thanks for the reply. Is the process of getting the log files needed different then what you posted if only using the tvserver? I don't see the following:
  1. Go to the Windows Start Menu, navigate to the Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal folder and select MediaPortal Debug-Mode.
  2. In the new window, select the first option "Report a Bug to Team MediaPortal" and press the Proceed button

If i go to the start menu i see Team MediaPortal/Media portal tv server and under there there are some file including a pointer to a folder for logs. Maybe this is what i should post but there are a boat load of files in there? Should I just pick the log of the particular day the recording was attempted perhaps?

Thanks again for the help and the response.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again

Is it a multi-seat setup (ie. MP installed on PCs in other rooms), or are you using XBMC or some other front end?

In answer to your question: yes, if you're only using the TV Server then you can do this.
    1. Open TV Server configuration.
    2. Click "open log directory" in the top left corner.
    3. Zip up all the files you find there and attach/post the zip file.

If you've got a multi-seat setup it would also be preferred if you could follow the previously mentioned procedure on one of the clients. Follow the instructions for reproducible problems, and when it comes to the instruction to reproduce the problem:
    • timeshift the channel that works for 20 seconds or so
    • try to timeshift the channel that doesn't work
    • close MP
    If you're using MP TV Server with XBMC or something else then please let us know.

Finally, please don't forget to mention:
    • the name of the channel that works
    • times where you've tried to timeshift/record other channels that haven't worked
    Thanks
    mm
    :)

olson2334

April 21, 2013
    Home Country
    Thanks again for the help. I appreciate it and I hope we can get this working.

I am using a silicon dust to attempt to setup scheduled recordings to record via tvserver.

I simply have TV Server installed on my windows home server to record only. I don't have any clients accessing tv server currently.

The channel that functions is PBS the one that does not is CBS. My wife is trying to record a show on Sunday mornings around 8:00am CST but it never records and I have tried timeshifting other times as well with no luck.

It is recording successfully on Thursday nights at 7:00pm CST on PBS.

olson2334

April 21, 2013
    Home Country
    Wondering if there were to many logs here or what am i looking for in them to to get my recording working?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again

Apologies for the delayed response...

I don't see any attempts to tune/record PBS or CBS. :confused:
    The only thing I see happening is the idle EPG grabber periodically attempting to grab EPG.
    It successfully tunes to PPB1, PPB2, PPB3, PPB4, ABC, CW, Weather Channel, KXJB-TV, 21-50, 21-60, 21-70, KVLY-TV, MeTV...

So summary is: I'm not sure what the problem is because I don't see any problem.

mm
    PS: I note that the idle EPG grabber won't get you any EPG data, it would be better to disable it for stability and to save power
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...figuration/TV-Server_Configuration/05_DVB_EPG

Untick the two "enabled" checkboxes.

olson2334

April 21, 2013
    Home Country
    wow thanks for the quick response. can i blow the logs away currently and attempt to record a show on each channel now and then postup the logs if it doesn't work? would that help do you think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom