TVServer not recording (1 Viewer)

olson2334

April 21, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Sounds great. if i run through and test timeshifting through manual control/timeshift is that equivalent to recording a station? if so i can do that and get logs back up here shortly.

olson2334

April 21, 2013
Home Country
I first attempted to record ppb1. clicked timeshift and then clicked record. The button turned from record to stop record. I then stopped that recording. I then tried CBS - KXJB the same process but the button never turned to stop record. Also when this happens then the start timeshift button is grayed out and I cant get it to re enable unless i do a stop service.

are you able to see this in the logs by chance? I haven't done anything with the epg yet.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again

Yes, I can see there is a problem now. It seems like tuning works fine, but TV Server doesn't actually kick into gear with the timeshifting.
    I have some suspicions about where the problem may be, but...

I see you're using TV Server version 1.1.2. That's quite an old version - now getting close to 2.5 years old, which is a very long time in MediaPortal terms.

Technically I could dig up the old code, try to find out what is going on, then give you a patch. However, we've fixed so many bugs since 1.1.2 that I know may have some bearing on this issue. Even within the last few months I can recall finding and fixing three bugs that could be the fix that you need.

What I'm trying to say is, I suspect if you were to upgrade to MP 1.3 it would solve the problem... and even if it doesn't, it would make it a million times easier for me to help you.

So is there a reason why you simply must use MP 1.1.2?

mm

[edit: I hadn't noticed you were using version 1.1.2 until I saw something odd in your latest set of log files... otherwise I would have suggested upgrading earlier - sorry about that]

Last edited:

olson2334

April 21, 2013
    Home Country
    Thanks again. I guess i didn't even realize i was using an older version. No worries about the patch as I think I can really just upgrade.

How i installed this on my whs box was to use whs 4 home plugin. The developer there must be using that older version.

Can i simply download the newer version and it will it upgrade my current version or do i need to uninstall reinstall?[DOUBLEPOST=1367156042][/DOUBLEPOST]I am trying to find just the tvserver. Can one just download tvserver and if so where would it be located?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm not at all familiar with the WHS 4 Home plugin. Got a link?
    TV Server itself can simply be upgraded.
    Whether the WHS 4 Home plugin would continue to work... I'm not sure.

olson2334

April 21, 2013
    Home Country
    my apologies tv4home is the name. Linke here:
    http://tv4home.codeplex.com/

is tvserver part of the mediaportal download?

If it doesn't continue to work i guess it will have to be that way as it doesn't fully work currently i guess. What i liked about the plugin was that it allowed me to access a web based guide any where and set a recording and then watch when i get home. That i what i liked and maybe i can easily do that if nothing else even without the plugin.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    my apologies tv4home is the name. Linke here:

http://tv4home.codeplex.com/
    Ahh, yes - okay. I think that plugin is no longer maintained.

is tvserver part of the mediaportal download?
    Yes. Do an advanced install and select the dedicated TV Server option:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...llation/1_Deploy_Tool/2_Advanced_Installation

If it doesn't continue to work i guess it will have to be that way as it doesn't fully work currently i guess. What i liked about the plugin was that it allowed me to access a web based guide any where and set a recording and then watch when i get home. That i what i liked and maybe i can easily do that if nothing else even without the plugin.

Yeah, MP/TV Server don't provide a web interface out-of-the-box. But there are other plugins that do.
    I suggest MPExtended.

olson2334

April 21, 2013
    Home Country
    If it no longer works I will give it a try. I have installed the new version but when i try and run through the same timeshift/record test it says all cards are busy? I rebooted the machine but still the same result?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    card:4 type:Atsc channel is encrypted but card has no CAM
    Your channels are marked as encrypted, and your tuners do not have any way to decrypt encrypted channels.
    There was a bug aaaaaaaaages ago for where ATSC/cable channels were scanned in as encrypted instead of free.
    You can either:
    1. Edit all your channels and mark them as free to air.
    2. Edi the tuner settings and say that the tuner can decrypt encrypted channels by ticking "CAM enabled and present for this card".
    3. Delete your channels and rescan them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom