TVServer not recording (1 Viewer)

olson2334

April 21, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Boy I am not seeing the first 2. I did to the third but i still seem to have the same issue. Can you give me a little more guidance on the first for the HDHomeRun?

olson2334

April 21, 2013
Home Country
I think i found and set did each suggestion. still not able to record.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry, I had to go to bed - it was 2:50 am my time. ;)
    I see your recording for "KXJB-TV" failed, yes.
    That is because that channel has a funny name. The full name is:
    KXJB-TV
    1350 21st Ave. South
    Fargo, ND 58103

You have your recordings set up with channel name as file name, and having carriage return and/or line feed (basically a new line - pressing the enter/return key) in a file name is not valid.

Hence the error:
    2013-04-28 10:31:42.434148 [(24)]: Exception :confused:ystem.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.
    at System.IO.Path.CheckInvalidPathChars(String path)
    at System.IO.Path.ChangeExtension(String path, String extension)
    at TvService.Recorder.Start(IUser& user, String& fileName)

olson2334

April 21, 2013
    Home Country
    No problem at all. I really appreciate you helping me get this working.

I went to all channels and renamed it to kxjb. When I click the channel after renaming I click edit but that odd name is still there. I went to try and manual record thinking it might work but the same issue. Is there a different way to rename the channels by chance?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So let me get this straight.
    You're:
    1. Opening TV Server configuration.
    2. Going to the TV Channels section.
    3. Finding the channel and clicking "edit".
    4. In the name field you're deleting *everything*, entering "KXJB" (or whatever), and then clicking OK.
    5. Then you went to the manual control section and tried to record again.
    ...and it still failed?

If so I have a hunch. Try restarting the TV service (in manual control, click "stop service"... then "start service"), then try recording that channel again.

olson2334

April 21, 2013
    Home Country
    I think I fixed it. Thanks to your help of course.

You are right. that is how I was doing it. However, even though I changed it it seemed that down in the tuning details the old name was still there. I could not get it to change for the life of me.

What I did then was in tuning details I clicked edit and took a snip. In tuning details I then clicked add and entered those values in the snip. I then deleted the one with the bad name. It now allows me to record.

One question I have though, is will this mess with my xmltv epg export I have setup at all do you think ?[DOUBLEPOST=1367198035][/DOUBLEPOST]I think tv4home may have broken so maybe I will have to look into mpextended to be able to setup my recordings from any machine. Have you set that up at all and if so, any tips to get it functioning correctly?[DOUBLEPOST=1367199278][/DOUBLEPOST]Thanks again mm1352000 for all of your help on this. I just have to get mpextended installed and I might have to post a thing or two on that but I will look to see if there is a forum for it.

Thanks again though for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom