TVServer (Win10) cannot write to NAS (QNAP T253A) (1 Viewer)

VoB

Portal Member
November 3, 2017
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello,

I am trying to record and timeshift on a QNAP NAS.

Mediaportal-Server is running on a Win10 professional (Build 1703).
The NAS is a QNAP T253A.
Mediaportal Version 1.18

The Folders on the NAS can be read/write in the windows-explorer without any problem.

What I have tested so far:
- running the Service "TV-Service" under a specified user-name with the same name/password know on the PC & NAS
- declare the path on the nas in the server-configuration as "s:\folder" or "\\nas-name\folder" or "\\nas-ip-adress\folder"
- switch of the pc-firewall
- read/write-permission on the nas is set for pc-user and the user for the service "TVService"
- NAS is "Lokal Master Browser"
- free disk-space is 6.5TB on the NAS (shown in Windows-Explorer on the pc

The Error-Message in the TV-Server-Configuration (when testing the timeshift) is always "No free disk space availible" --> so there seems to be a problem with the write permission to the nas ...

Any Ideas????

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome! :)

The Error-Message in the TV-Server-Configuration (when testing the timeshift) is always "No free disk space availible"
    Could you please provide the log files? I'd like to see if there is any more detail in there that could help.

VoB

Portal Member
    November 3, 2017
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for helping!

I have attached the log-files.

I have just found two entires:
    - in SetupTV.log "[2017-11-03 07:59:32,458] [Log ] [SetupTv ] [DEBUG] - SetupTV: Disk Quota for \\NAS-QNAP-TS253\TV_Aufnahmen is disabled"
    - in TVService.log "[2017-11-03 07:59:21,891] [Log ] [3 ] [ERROR] - Exception :confused:ystem.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Ein Teil des Pfades "F:\" konnte nicht gefunden werden. bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)"

"Ein Teil des Pfades "F:\" konnte nicht gefunden werden." means "Part of path "f:\" was not found" --> in the Windows-Explorer there is path f: (read/write ok).

==> "\\NAS-QNAP-TS253\TV_Aufnahmen" is the same as "f:\" on the system

Attachments

• TVService-Error.zip
      12.2 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hmmm, the log level is set to "error", so there is not much detail in there.

The entry that you found seems to be the relevant one:
    - in TVService.log "[2017-11-03 07:59:21,891] [Log ] [3 ] [ERROR] - Exception attachFull194048ystem.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Ein Teil des Pfades "F:\" konnte nicht gefunden werden. bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)"

In the first post you said S:\ is the NAS, so what is F:\ ?

VoB

Portal Member
    November 3, 2017
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've just tried to renew the declaration of the mapped drive ... "F:\" in the logfile is the same as "S:\" in the entry post.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry, I'm not sure what's going on there, but I'd guess it's some kind of permissions issue. As you know, the account that TVService.exe is running under (usually a system account) must have permission to read and write to the share. I also think that it's more likely to get a UNC path configuration (ie. \\....) working.

If the NAS has a log, perhaps it would help to point to the source of the problem.
    Network snoop/capture tools such as Wireshark may also help.

VoB

Portal Member
    November 3, 2017
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, I had the same idea with the NAS-Log:

there are (were) entries in the log "Login Fail" every time I open the "TV Server Configuration". User is the same as the PC-Name ...

So, I've added a new user to the NAS (Name=PC-Name); put rights for reading and writing.

No more failure-entires in the NAS-Log after restarting the Mediaprotal-Server-PC.

But, the Error "No free disk space availible" remains the same. With mapped path and also with the UNC-Path ...

VoB

Portal Member
    November 3, 2017
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I solved the problem on the hard way:
    Installed Win7prof instead of Win10prof, made the changes listed in post #1 - everything fine with UNC-Path to the QNAP.

--> my conclusion: although the Win10 was also a fresh installation, there must have been something between Win10 and the QNAP.

Thanks to mm1352000 for trying to help!

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I solved the problem on the hard way:

--> my conclusion: although the Win10 was also a fresh installation, there must have been something between Win10 and the QNAP.

SMB version support perhaps, SMB 1 being removed from Win10 post WannaCr? I have old NAS I kicked into life and had some problems until re-enabled SMB 1 in Win10 {as it's not exposed externally it's safe option}.

Cheers - J.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom