TVServerKodi.dll not showing up in plugins list (2 Viewers)

EuroSong

August 20, 2024
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
I am a long-time user of MediaPortal to watch TV. I use the Media Portal TV Server as a backend, and Kodi (previously known as XBMC) as a front end.

I recently installed Windows afresh, as a clean installation (Windows 11 now, when previously Windows 10). I am now in the middle of reinstalling all my old software. I installed Media Portal again - and the TV server appears to be working. I have successfully tuned my DVB-T2 channels, and can test them through the TV Server Configurator.

However, despite having copied the TVserverkodi.dll file into the relevant "Plugins" directory, this plugin does not show up in the list in the TV Server Configurator UI. All the others are there (EPG Grabber etc) - but not the Kodi one.

Note that within Kodi, there is a Media Portal PVR plugin, which allows the two pieces of software to link together. I have used this previously with success. This is not the problem.

I understand that Kodi is a separate piece of software, and therefore not within the remit of Team Media Portal to fix issues with. But this is the plugin for Media Portal - and I would appreciate some explanation please as to why it's not showing up. I tried rebooting my computer - but it didn't work.

Thank you.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I would appreciate some explanation please as to why it's not showing up.
    I would suspect that the bitness of the plugin is wrong.

When the 64-bit version of MP was introduced, various plugins stopped working because they were compiled as 32-bit, and so would not work with 64-bit MP. These plugins will not appear in the list of compatible plugins. My guess is that previously you used the 32-bit version of MP, but that now you have installed the 64-bit version of MP.

If the source for the plugin is available, it is (in principle) possible for the plugin to be recompiled for 64-bit (but that is not something that I can do). If the source is not available, this problem will never be fixed.

Meanwhile, if you want to get your setup working, I would suggest uninstalling 64-bit MP and installing instead 32-bit MP.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine

EuroSong

August 20, 2024
    Home Country
    Need build and release x64 version ...
    Thanks. But I don't quite understand your syntax. If this the link to the 64-bit version? Or are you saying that the 64-bit version needs to be built?

I'm in the office now, but will try it when home. And yes - I did install the 64-bit version of MediaPortal!

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I'm in the office now, but will try it when home. And yes - I did install the 64-bit version of MediaPortal!
    I'm also in the office now, I'll come home in the evening, I'll have some free time and if there's electricity, I'll try to build the x64 version, if that doesn't work out, I'll try again in a few days.

EuroSong

August 20, 2024
    Home Country
    If you succeed, you can make a Pull Request to that repository, and then I will do the automatic build and publication.
    I'm not too familiar with Github, so I don't know what a "pull request" is - but I will work it out :)

BTW - I've just seen you're in Kyiv! Beautiful city: I was there in 2005 for Eurovision. Such a shame what's happening to it now...

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I've just seen you're in Kyiv! Beautiful city: I was there in 2005 for Eurovision. Such a shame what's happening to it now...
    After our victory, Kyiv and Ukraine will be even better and more beautiful. So we are waiting for you to visit :)

EuroSong

August 20, 2024
    Home Country
    After our victory, Kyiv and Ukraine will be even better and more beautiful. So we are waiting for you to visit :)
    @ajs - I just noticed that you updated the GitHub file 27 minutes ago. I see a file called "TVServerKodi.xmp2". If I rename this to .dll and put it in the plugins folder, will that work? Please advise me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom