TVService crashes instantly when closing MediaPortal/SetupTV.exe (1 Viewer)

kolizz

Portal Member
April 19, 2006
Sweden
MediaPortal Version: Different SVN-versions the last couple of days
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: XP pro
Motherboard: Asus A8V Deluxe
Motherboard Chipset: VIA K8T800Pro
1. TV Card: AVerMedia Hybrid A16AR
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T/Analog
1. TV Card Driver: 3.5.0.49
2. TV Card: Hauppauge PVR-150
2. TV Card Type: Analog
2. TV Card Driver: 2.0.48.24227
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Swedish terrestial

I've been testing the new tv engine for a few days now it's working just fine with one exception, the EPG grabber. The tv service instantly hangs when closing the client connected (same thing happens with both MediaPortal and SetupTV.exe) and, from what the logs say at least, the EPG starts grabbing. Sometimes I get an error message telling me the same thing as the log, sometimes not, but every time I close down all the tv service action stops brutally. I did, however, get some EPG data when having MediaPortal running while listening to music/watching movies, but not all.

I have tried three different driver versions for my DVB-T/hybrid card and have also tried both with and w/o the PVR-150 (which I use to control the remote only). The only card enabled is the DVB-T one, and I get the same result regardless of any hybrid groups.

The logs are from only starting and stopping SetupTV.exe (and the tv service with it).

EDIT: Also noticed that if both MediaPortal and SetupTV.exe is connected and I'm closing one of them, the same thing happens. After closing the error message, the tv service dies and stops feeding the other client.

kolizz

Portal Member
April 19, 2006
Sweden
I can add that the EPG loads fine when just starting the service without any client, but when I stop mediaportal or setuptv.exe the service hangs. Surely it's something that happens when one of the clients closes.

kolizz

Portal Member
April 19, 2006
Sweden
The problem still exists and I can fill in that it occurs even when no cards are enabled at all. New logs with this scenario attached. I've done a total reinstallation of Windows too, so it shouldn't be Windows' fault this time :p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom