Tvservice stops after 2 min (1 Viewer)

astrapowerrr

Portal Pro
May 21, 2008
ijsselstein
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hello can please someone help me with my problem?
After 2 min my tvservice just stops. This is reproducable because it happens all the time.
Can't watch tv anymore. And I can't find any solutions here on the forum.

I hope someone can help me fix this.....

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hello can please someone help me with my problem?
    After 2 min my tvservice just stops. This is reproducable because it happens all the time.
    Can't watch tv anymore. And I can't find any solutions here on the forum.

I hope someone can help me fix this.....

You need to post the logs. We have no idea what your setup is and what might be causing this problem.

The wiki manual tells you how to post the logs (debug mode).

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Hi

As this is reproducible, suggest you clear logs - in config, see to left corner, user config files drop down - click and select log files, then you delete ALL the files in LOG , and then in General tab within Config, set log level to DEBUG.

Close config and start MePo.

After it's crashed, restart it again, but this time run it from Windows start menu -> All Programs -> Team MediaPortal -> MediaPortal -> MediaPortal Debug Mode.
    Select "Export all Currently present logs" - by default this will dump to desktop, can change path if needed.

Create a new thread in https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/forums/watch-listen-media.239/ [more appropriate forum for issue] then post problem and logs.

Cheers - JCMP

PS - pending that, check you have free disk space on system where timeshift buffer data is stored, could be your problem.

J

astrapowerrr

Portal Pro
    May 21, 2008
    ijsselstein
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm at my work now but will look into this when I'm home.
    Only debug mode I remember not seeing in my config.

To add some more info.
    I use it in a multiseat setup. So on the windows 7 Pc it only use tv server nothing more.

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    No problem, I have advantage of being able to work from home couple of days a week:)

Can you do most of the above for both client & TV server - in both cases, the MePo Config will give you access to the log files and the log setting to Debug is under General in both config screens [if your using 1.5 - if not, then it's fixed in TV Server].

Difference - on TV server you can't run a Debug mode, so you'll have to start server and then check if the TV Server itself fails - if not, just stop it by hand AFTER you've had problem on client.

You will then have to zip the files by hand and put them somewhere that will allow you to upload them.

Cheers - JCMP.

astrapowerrr

Portal Pro
    May 21, 2008
    ijsselstein
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    And did someone take a look at my log?
    Maybe also some extra information. The day before the trouble started I was trying to install mpextendend. To use this with my plexconnect.

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    From TVServer log - I see timeout setting of 2,000115 minutes - that doesn't look correct.

<code>
    [2013-10-05 15:32:33,279] [Log ] [scheduler thread] [DEBUG] - Scheduler: Orphaned once schedule found 936 - removing
    [2013-10-05 15:32:33,322] [Log ] [scheduler thread] [INFO ] - scheduler: SchedulerWorker inner exception System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at TvDatabase.Schedule.GetProgramsForSchedule(Schedule schedule)
    at TvDatabase.Schedule.ResetProgramStates(Int32 idSchedule)
    at TvDatabase.Schedule.Delete()
    at TvService.Scheduler.CheckAndDeleteOrphanedOnceSchedules()
    at TvService.Scheduler.DoScheduleWork()
    at TvService.Scheduler.SchedulerWorker()
    [2013-10-05 15:32:38,425] [EPG ] [16 ] [INFO ] - TimeshiftingEpgGrabber: timeout after 2,000155 mins
    [2013-10-05 15:32:38,425] [Log ] [16 ] [INFO ] - dvb:abort grabbing epg
    [2013-10-05 15:32:38,495] [EPG ] [16 ] [INFO ] - dvb:mhw ready MHW 0 titles found
    [2013-10-05 15:32:38,495] [EPG ] [16 ] [INFO ] - dvb:dvb ready.EPG 233 channels
    [2013-10-05 15:32:40,445] [EPG ] [16 ] [INFO ] - TimeshiftingEpgGrabber: OnEPGReceived got 233 channels
    [2013-10-05 15:32:40,445] [Log ] [16 ] [INFO ] - Timeshifting epg grabber stopped.
    [2013-10-05 15:32:40,465] [EPG ] [EPG Update thread] [INFO ] - TimeshiftingEpgGrabber: Nederland 1 lastUpdate:5-10-2013 12:30:55
    [2013-10-05 15:32:40,605] [EPG ] [EPG Update thread] [INFO ] - - Inserted 0 epg entries for channel Nederland 1
    [2013-10-05 15:32:40,615] [EPG ] [EPG Update thread] [INFO ] - TimeshiftingEpgGrabber: Nederland 2 lastUpdate:5-10-2013 12:30:55
    [2013-10-05 15:32:40,625] [EPG ] [EPG Update thread] [INFO ] - - Inserted 0 epg entries for channel Nederland 2
    </code>
    snip 380 lines...
    <code>

[2013-10-05 15:32:43,426] [Log ] [EPG Update thread] [INFO ] - schedule.SynchProgramStatesForAll
    [2013-10-05 15:32:43,656] [Log ] [EPG Update thread] [INFO ] - Tvservice stopped due to an unhandled app domain exception System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at TvDatabase.Schedule.GetProgramsForSchedule(Schedule schedule)
    at TvDatabase.Schedule.SynchProgramStates(Int32 idSchedule)
    at TvDatabase.Schedule.SynchProgramStatesForAll()
    at TvLibrary.TimeShiftingEPGGrabber.UpdateDatabaseThread()
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
    </code>

And, actual crash - related to database, so problem in database.

See <http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ver_Configuration/05_DVB_EPG/1_TV_EPG_Grabber> for info and you could try:

---------
    To fix it: (TV database crash)

1. Open a command line by clicking start, type "cmd", hit return/enter.
    2. Type cd C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin (this should be the path to the bin subdirectory within your MySQL install folder) and hit return/enter.
    3. Type mysqlcheck mptvdb --auto-repair -e -u root -p, and hit return/enter.
    4. A password prompt should appear. The default password is MediaPortal (case sensitive).
    ----------

I copied from previous posting, can't recall poster, but they do know more than me:)

Good luck.

Cheers - JCMP.

astrapowerrr

Portal Pro
    May 21, 2008
    ijsselstein
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi thanks for the respons.

Tried to fix the database. Nothing happened problem is still there.
    See screenshot
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381057327.494705.jpg

But what is the problem with peg grabbing time out? That's exactly 2 min just like my problem.
    Can it be that mpextend messed up something there?
    And how can I fix that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom