TVTome Parser - Revived - now TV.com - Beta available (1 Viewer)

BBernes

Portal Member
October 23, 2005
Im realy looking forward to this if "My Series" gets a separate entry in
the main menu and does not mix with the "My Movies" database.

You can use the "My Music" database in "Artist view" that gives a list
of "Artist = Series" and a sub category "Albums = Seasons" and beneath
than we get the actual episodes.

jeffp

Portal Pro
October 4, 2005
USA
ok I guess I'm a bit confused. By the way this is exactly what I've been looking for!!!

So from what I've read you have to manually rename your shows to "showname episode#.xxx" and then I assume stick them in a folder somewhere.

Once that is done do you add that folder as a sub folder under My Movies? and if so how do you direct the TV Parser to look at those files? I see where it was mentioned where you will see IMDB switch to TV Tome or something but I guess I don't see that.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks!

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Hey there and sorry for the delay. Almost missed your post there ;-)

Anyways, so yes, think of it as just another source to get information for your video files, just like the imdb lookup. So yes, put them in some folder that you can acess under myvideos. As for renaming, well........couple of scenarios.

1) file is in the format you described
    -> it should fully automatic get all the info
    2) it finds the showname and the episodetitle in the filename
    -> it "may" work fully automatic, but it may also show you a couple of options for the correct episode for you to choose manually.
    3) it can only find the showname
    -> youll have to manully choose the episode.

Actually there is another one, and that is if its not sure which show to pick, it will also ask you for the correct one, however it "learns" so the next time it should pick the correct show automatically.

Oh, and of course, you start it by bringing up the menu with f9 and choosing tv.com lookup :)

BBernes:
    As for getting its own main menu item.....not sure if that is where im going. I'd rather not. But, it will have its own database very soon, and will not mix with movies anymore.

And yes, that is the goal to have nice selections in the way you describe. Just bear with me, I have a full time job and sometimes the last thing i wanna do in the evening is see another line of code...... ;-)

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    I'm not sure. but there really is not point in disabling it really. It only ever loads any code when you call it, so it doesnt matter.

I'll see if i can make the option in the f9 menu dissapear when disabled, but tbh this is not one of my priorities right now ;-)

Inker

feppa

Portal Member
    November 16, 2005
    I'm totaly lost. I cant get this plugin to work. I really want this. Can anyone help me get started?

Edit: Sorry i got with keyboard but i dont know wich button to press on mce remote

jeffp

Portal Pro
    October 4, 2005
    USA
    ok I had the exact same problem but I finally figured it out. You create a folder and put all your TV shows in that folder. Then you have to rename each file in the following format (showname) (episode).avi (or what ever format they are in. Here is an example.

Seinfeld_4x02.avi - Thats episode 2 of season 4 on Seinfeld. If you don't put the season/episode it will just bring up a huge list of all the episodes and you can choose from the list if you know what episode it is.

ok, then add that folder to the My Video section, go into your folder and highight one of the shows, press F9 on your keyboard and a list will come up with TV.com Lookup as an option. Choose that and it will go out and pull down the information you need and coverart if its available.

The issue I have with this right now is that all the TV info is added to the Movie database but I guess the plan is to eventually have its own DB so I'm holding out for that before I go and add all the data to my movie database.

Hope this helps.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It seemed to stop working :( , tried it with lots of series that worked before(same name layout).
    Tv.com did update their site(made it even more ugly) , is this just me or is it not working for everybody else also?
    Some short logs:

17:34:41.8593750 - No results for: prison break -> aborting...

17:35:06.2343750 - No results for: two and a half men -> aborting...

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Rick164 said:
    It seemed to stop working :( , tried it with lots of series that worked before(same name layout).
    Tv.com did update their site(made it even more ugly) , is this just me or is it not working for everybody else also?
    Some short logs:

17:34:41.8593750 - No results for: prison break -> aborting...

17:35:06.2343750 - No results for: two and a half men -> aborting...

Please see here for a rewrite of this plugin with the same (and more!) functionality. As such, work on this plugin has stopped.

I should probably remove it from the source tree (will do this weekend)

Inker

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks :D , was working with the one included with the MP RC3 release.
    Will try the new one :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom