October 7, 2005
Netherlands
Area: Media Portal Program
MP Version: 0.1.3.0, 0.2.0RC1 and the latest CVS
Windows Version: Windows XP SP2
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce FX 5500
Video Card Driver: Latest from Nvidia
Video Render Type: Overlay
Video Codec Type & Version: Cyberlink/Nvidia (tried multiple)
Audio Codec Type & Version: Cyberlink/Nvidia (tried multiple)
TV Card: Twinhan DTV DVB-S (with CI support)
TV Card Driver: BDA Driver V1.2.1.9 / V1.2.2.0 / V1.2.2.4

Synopsis:
I have the Twinhan card working, even with scrambled channels. But after tuning into a few different channels, the card starts acting strange. This happens with every BDA version, not just the new version. This also happens when I tune only to the unscrambled channels.

I'm from the Netherlands, so my primary satellite is the Astra 1 (at 19,2E). If I chose auto-tune, with just a few Astra 1 frequencies, I get the right channels (ZDF, National Geographic, Discovery etc.), and I'm able to watch them from MediaPortal. But after switching between a few channels, the reception stops, and I get a black screen in MyTv or just a still of the last selected channel. Then if I close MediaPortal and return to the MediaPortal Configuration, and do another AutoTune I only recieve channels like Galavision and Tequilla!?

The only way to get the Twinhan working again is to shutdown the PC or disconnect the Antenna cable.

dr.lector

Portal Member
September 12, 2005
yes, i know ure problems.
with my setup mp usally hangsy after 3 or 4 times zapping around, then i need to restart mp!
and there are no special things mentioned in the logs .. ?

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    MyTheatre now has Twinhan BDA support + CI too.
    Try that and see if the results are the same.

Basically I'm blaming buggy drivers at this stage coz my UK based problems can be duplicated in MyTheatre.

DMAN

dr.lector

Portal Member
    September 12, 2005
    hey there,
    yes ive got some results, in my theatre the card works very good, except the ci ........ so there are no freezes and hang ups with new 1.2.2.4 driverset.
    in media portal, ci works with those new drivers very good (got ORF with audio and video)
    zapping works quiet well except that ive got sometimes errormessages, with send/ not send windows blabla ...
    and first i thought that if i enable timeshift, it works smoother (zapping) but in the end ive found out that, if i have timeshift activated the scrambled channels dont work anymore ...
    so i think that the new bda drivers work well - antoher step in the right direction - , but mp together with my card still doesnt work as i would like to have it,
    and u?

Zyphrax

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2005
    Netherlands
    Still the same problem with the Twinhan. After zapping from channel to channel, it stops working. I decided to return the card to the shop, to get my €100 back. I couldn't get the card working properly with a few other programs like WinDVB, MyTheatre, etc.

MediaPortal seems to be ready for it, but I think the hardware and/or BDA drivers are the real issue here. Ah well, I'll try again in a few months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom