Two Peak 22 Dual Tuner issue (1 Viewer)

Nonciazzecco

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2010
    Milano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I have 2 board Peak 22 dual tuner DVB-T in my system i.e. I have a system with 4 dvb-t tuner.
    TV Server recognized the 4 tuners assigning to each a different id. I can scan for channels and it seams everithing is fine.
    When I reboot 2 of the 4 tuners previously correctly identified becomes of an unknown type while 2 new ID pop up in the tv-server card list. The result of this is that I can only see/record 2 channels at the same time.

Whats wrong? Can you help me?
    I can try to capture the screen if it may help to solve the issue.

Ciao

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

When I reboot 2 of the 4 tuners previously correctly identified becomes of an unknown type while 2 new ID pop up in the tv-server card list.
    This indicates one of two things:
    - that the tuners are being given new IDs by the operating system
    - that you're not giving the OS enough time to start drivers after boot before TV Server checks which tuners are available

If the first situation applies then I'm sorry but there is nothing we can do. Some USB chipset drivers are prone to device ID reassignment - a function of the driver and the OS. I could only suggest that you try a different driver.
    If the second situation applies then the cure may be simple - to give the OS more time to boot and do its thing. Try to increase the delay before the TV Server detects tuners. This is a setting in the general section of TV Server configuration:

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...figuration/TV-Server_Configuration/06_General

mm

Nonciazzecco

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2010
    Milano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Thank you for your prompt reply.
    I'll make some test and keep you posted even if the "simple" solution does not satisfy me too.
    One of the main dis-advantage of MP is the high boot time (naturally is not a specific MP issue. Please do not misunderstand me).

Do you know dual dvb-t tuner card that work better with w7-64bit and MP?

Ciao

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Do you know dual dvb-t tuner card that work better with w7-64bit and MP?
    Let me be clear: it is not an MP TV Server issue. It is totally OS and driver dependent, so I would expect you would have this problem with that card and other software that you try (assuming same time given for OS boot and initisialisation).

I recommend you choose a card that is not built with chips designed for USB devices. Availability varies from region to region, so it is difficult for me to recommend a card for you in Italy while I live in New Zealand.

mm

Last edited:

Nonciazzecco

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2010
    Milano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Yes is clear: its not a TV-Server issue, gotcha.
    Now can you anyway recommend a card with the features described in the previous posts that can be purchased through eBay or Amazon? I am still doing some tests, but it seems that it takes more than one minute before the card is correctly turned on. It seems to be returned to a valve tv. Not acceptable.

Thank you & Ciao

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    PCIe or PCI?
    I don't think there are many PCI cards I could recommend. Other people will need to advise you. For PCIe you have cards like the Hauppauge HVR-2200/2210 (link), TerraTec Cinergy T PCIe Dual (link), Blackgold BGT3620 (link), TBS 6280. Again, I hope other people will help you here, because there are other cards from Kworld, LeadTek, Compro etc. but I cannot guarantee how well these work for standby/resume etc.

mm

Nonciazzecco

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2010
    Milano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Ok thank you I'll check if the motherboard can accept 2 PCIe card and 'Ill wait for other recommendation.

Ciao

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom