Two questions, re: launching movies (1 Viewer)

RockJock

Portal Pro
October 26, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello and thank you for this wonderful update. I have two questions regarding launching ISOs.
I am using Windows 7 and MP 1.2.3 my external player is ArcSoft Total Media Theater.

1) When I set external player in setup to use to launch ISOs it does launch my external BR player. However just after movie cues up MP regains focus and the BR player is in the background. In MyFilms 5.1 I did not need to set an external player at all but if I don't in the new update I get an error that says " No playback possible, please check your setup" even though the external player still launches. Is there a way to lose the error without setting up an external player in setup? The program is working it is just giving me this error with is not true.

2) I hope this one is a lot easier. I would like my movies to launch from the main screen where you can see all the movies. I do not want to go to the second screen at all. I don't need the two clicks.

RockJock

Portal Pro
October 26, 2008
Home Country
Sorry I forgot to include the error message image.

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    80.4 KB

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    2) I hope this one is a lot easier. I would like my movies to launch from the main screen where you can see all the movies. I do not want to go to the second screen at all. I don't need the two clicks.
    I can't answer your first issue - and Guzzi may need logs for that one ;) but what happens when you press 'Play' in Main window? I have not tired on ISO's but normally it plays most media files.

RockJock

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2008
    Home Country
    If the movie is an iso I get the error above and the external player does not launch at all. Regular dvd plays fine.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Just giving this a bump because of the holiday. Any insights? :)
    Hi RockJock,
    happy new year! Actually, at the time I tried ansering here, the forum didn't work, so it got dropped, sorry.

Hello and thank you for this wonderful update. I have two questions regarding launching ISOs.
    I am using Windows 7 and MP 1.2.3 my external player is ArcSoft Total Media Theater.

1) When I set external player in setup to use to launch ISOs it does launch my external BR player. However just after movie cues up MP regains focus and the BR player is in the background. In MyFilms 5.1 I did not need to set an external player at all but if I don't in the new update I get an error that says " No playback possible, please check your setup" even though the external player still launches. Is there a way to lose the error without setting up an external player in setup? The program is working it is just giving me this error with is not true.
    I am not sure, if I 100% understood your setup - there is many use cases possible, like internal playback, BRplayerlauncher, external player setup, etc.

You should still be able to play certain media without setting up external players, but need the respective plugins to help (like BRplayerlauncher etc.).

The option for explicitely set an external player in MyFilms is new. The reason you don't keep focus on the started player is probably that MP has set 'keep focus' in the setup - could you check that?

For further analysis I would need to look into logs ...

was already answered by Dadeo - you can use "p" or use the context menu to start the movie from main view. In the context menu, you even could manually use external player, if you have configured one explicitely in setup, while otherwise internal playback is used as basic rule.

Last edited:

RockJock

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2008
    Home Country
    My setup which was working until MyFilms 6.1:
    Windows 7, MP 1.2.3, MyFilms 6.1
    I put the path to the ISO in the comments section of DVD Profiler. And launch the movie from MyFilms

This was running fine until MyFilms 6.1. Now I get the error message above but the movie still launches in my external player. If I try to launch the movie from the list I get the above error and the movie does not play.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    My setup which was working until MyFilms 6.1:
    Windows 7, MP 1.2.3, MyFilms 6.1
    I put the path to the ISO in the comments section of DVD Profiler. And launch the movie from MyFilms

This was running fine until MyFilms 6.1. Now I get the error message above but the movie still launches in my external player. If I try to launch the movie from the list I get the above error and the movie does not play.
    Hi RockJock,
    can you please post a log with such a case, so I can have a look into it?

RockJock

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Where do I find the log in windows 7? And should I delete it and just do the two actions I am describing?

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Where do I find the log in windows 7? And should I delete it and just do the two actions I am describing?
    If you do a fresh start of Mediaportal, MyFilms will also start new logs.
    Logs can be found in
    \Users\All Users\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log\

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom