Two sets of digit codes? (1 Viewer)

Len Lekx

Portal Member
December 10, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Home Country
Canada Canada
Dumb Question Time...

I'm considering using IRSS for controlling both my satellite-TV and cable STBs. I see in the Wiki that I can send IR commands to the different ports of my USB-UIRT transmitter... but I can't see anything about using device-specific number codes.

The IRBlast Wiki page doesn't have anything about this possibility...

Starwer

Portal Member
August 27, 2014
Eindhoven
Home Country
France France
I can confirm that this feature works with MCE controllers. However, I don't know about UIRT...
I would recommend to first try to make it work with Translator. You can learn the IR and try to blast on a given port. This will also indicate what the port names are.
Once this works you can use it on the IRBlast command: IR Blast

Len Lekx

Portal Member
December 10, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Home Country
Canada Canada
I think I should expand a little bit...

Since they don't interfere with each other, I'm guessing that my cable STB and satellite STB use different sets of digit-codes for changing channels. From what I've seen of the IR Blast command, it doesn't support different sets of number-codes for blasting.

From the Wiki...
----------
IRBlast -host HTPC -pad 4 -channel 302
This would blast the 3.IR, 0.IR, and 2.IR commands on the HTPC computer to the default blaster port.
----------

So I can't set up something like

IRBlast -host HTPC -profile satellite -port 2 -channel 302

to blast satellite.3.IR, satellite.0.IR, satellite.2.IR to Port 2 of my USB-UIRT... and then

IRBlast -host HTPC -profile cable -port 1 -channel 302

to blast cable.3.IR, cable.0.IR, cable.2.IR to port 1.

Len Lekx

Portal Member
December 10, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Home Country
Canada Canada
Perhaps not...

How well does IRSS stay isolated from other programs? Since one of my capture cards is a Hauppauge Collossus 2, I can use its blaster program for one box, and use IRSS for the other.

(Assuming, of course, that whatever PVR software I decide to use is capable of running separate executables or batchfiles for each capture card/STB I configure...)

Len Lekx

Portal Member
December 10, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Home Country
Canada Canada
I've been looking at the Wiki for IRSS, and one thing looks potentially promising.

There are command-line parameters that can be used with the Translator program - the ones that caught my attention are:

-channel [Number] [Padding] [Port] [Delay]
Blast a series of IR Commands contained within the given channel number.
Use the padding value to specify the minimum size of the channel number.
You can specify a delay (in milliseconds) between each channel digit.
All blasting will be performed on the specified port.

-config [Config File]
Use a specific configuration file.

Now, my thought is - if I set up a different configuration file for each STB, with the different number-codes learned for each, then I could potentially set up the channel-change command as:

"translator -config satellite.cfg -channel {chan} 4 2 250" for the satellite-TV STB

or

"translator -config cable.cfg -channel {chan} 4 1 250" for the cable STB

If this is do-able, then my problems may just be solved...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom