GaryW

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Houten (Utrecht)
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi, better late then never:

Currently not, working on another project. If you have some nice ideas, please do tell.

rkrichard said:
    To make it even better, is it possible to expand the support to RTL television?
    No plans for this a the moment, but if someone else wants to integrate it, no problems with that.

DeeJens said:
    ... is it possible to get it working on a 16:9 skin
    Should work, maybe make a few adjustments to the skin-xml file to make it look better.

BTW if someone has a better lay-out/mock-up then the current one please share. Skinning is not my hobby, but you noticed that already i think. :lol:

Greets Marc

Cool,

I think I can make time, what is the current platform and programming language?
    If .NET, I can do a lot!

Traverse

Portal Member
    October 2, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is it possible to change the title "Uitzending gemist" in the home screen ?

I like to shorten the name, because it only shows "Uitzending Gemi"... probably the name is too long for my 4:3 screen with mce skin.

DeeJens

May 23, 2006
    Someone out there who can help?

Unfortunately the added xml files will not make the Uitzendinggemist plugin visible in the BlueTwo1280x720 skin.

Is there someone who has this thing working in the (as I understood) standard 16:9 skin?

It is the best addition to MediaPortal I've seen.

DeeJens

moiristo

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2006
    Enschede
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi all!

I decided to participate a little in developing plugins for MediaPortal. Unfortunately, I don't have any experience in C#, but I know Java very well. As a first exercise, I modified the UitzendingGemist code a little. It should now respond well when you press 'stop' or 'volume up' when watching a video. Furthermore, you can now specify which text should be displayed on the main menu by adding a rule to your current language xml. I don't know if there's a library to do this automatically if present. Anyway, your language xml is located in <mediaportal>\Language\<currently used language>\strings.xml. You can add the following rule there:

<string>
    <id>6800</id>
    <value>Uitzending Gemist</value>
    </string>

Furthermore, I took a look at RTL Gemist. It works different than UitzendingGemist, so I think that a separate plugin needs to be written for that. However, since they nicely added everything to a certain XML structure (which took me some time to understand), it could be written quite easily with a XML reader. I'm planning to focus on that now.

The modified dll can be found here: http://rhino.student.utwente.nl/reinaert/UitGemist.zip

trojkolka

Portal Pro
    December 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    This plugin works like a charm and for us dutchies it's one hell of a nice feature to have in an already great MP. but somehow i think the animation in buttons and labels on the buttons of the GUI/skin side of the plugin could be better and more fluent. Is there any chance the xml file get updated or renewed? or is this just a latest SVN bug to have no labels on "< label >" buttons.

moiristo

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2006
    Enschede
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    but somehow i think the animation in buttons and labels on the buttons of the GUI/skin side of the plugin could be better and more fluent. Is there any chance the xml file get updated or renewed? or is this just a latest SVN bug to have no labels on "< label >" buttons.

I don't understand what you mean. I don't see a problem with the buttons. Or do you mean that if you select one, it first doesn't display anything until you press the left/right button?

Nefius

Portal Pro
    December 15, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Hi all!

Furthermore, I took a look at RTL Gemist. It works different than UitzendingGemist, so I think that a separate plugin needs to be written for that. However, since they nicely added everything to a certain XML structure (which took me some time to understand), it could be written quite easily with a XML reader. I'm planning to focus on that now.

Sweet!
    And what about Talpa, because then you'll have the most used sites combined.

Thanks!

moiristo

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2006
    Enschede
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sweet!
    And what about Talpa, because then you'll have the most used sites combined.

I took a look at TalpaGemist, and that one is going to be a little harder than uitzendinggemist or rtlgemist. On site, you need to have a username/password to view the emissions. I found out that if you enter the stream URL in WMP, the user parameters are not required, so that's no problem. The big problem however, is what has to be sent to the server. A stream URL looks like this:

http://rdr.talpa.tv/asxgen.php?a=1&id=2000&format=3

On the site, other parameters like timestamp and email-address are also added, but these don't seem to matter. Furthermore, 'a' seems to be always '1' and I assume that the format number is to switch between smallband and broadband. However, I don't have a clue yet on how the 'id' parameter is set. Every emission on Talpa has a 'progid', 'langid' and some other parameters, but I can't figure how the id is generated from that. If it is the case that the php-script connects to a database to fetch an id using the emission parameters, I don't think it is possible to get the id.

I hope someone if you reading this could take a look too, maybe there is a way I didn't think of yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom