UK IMDb Scraper (1 Viewer)

youngie10

Portal Member
November 19, 2010
Home Country
England England
That's exactly what it does mate, i think i've fixed it now tho. Basically i took the 2.0.1 version from here IMDb Scraper for new layout (need testers) changed the id to 874907 (not sure if i needed to but did anyway) replaced the certification line with the one from 2.0.2 version from this thread then changed the version number to 2.0.3. It's scraping the movie info fine with UK cert's and it's still there when i open MP config again so fingers crossed. If anyone has the same problem i will post my version, i hope the original scripters don't mind.
And thanks for replying Mew.

Attachments

• IMDb (UK) v2.0.3.xml
    15.7 KB

youngie10

Portal Member
November 19, 2010
Home Country
England England
It gets the ratings same as official 2.0.1 version (ie 7.8, 6.5 etc.) not sure about foreign movies. It's exactly the same as the official version except that it gets UK certifications and it's limited to 10 alternative titles instead of 50, apart from the id and version number those are the only things i changed.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Seems to work well here! Thanks! Noticed if there was no english cert on IMDB during one of my tests, it left the field blank on some occasions but on others it still took the US rating. Its not going to get the UK rating if one isn't there to grab so its no big problem to scan through the movies in the manager manually and add in any missing / incorrect certs.

Not sure if its just me but I had to disable the other IMDB script completely. Leaving the other one in and hitting refresh in the manager just kept pulling in US data. I tried to manually select both entries for IMDB in the refresh drop down but it kept giving me US on both for some odd reason. It also does indeed pull in the score ratings fine on the movies I imported.

On the ratings note, I'm almost considering disabling all the scrapers except this one. Whilst not to knock the site itself, the user ratings on moviedb etc are also sometimes very poor. Some movies on IMDB with several thousand votes I found with 3 on moviedb and it had an overall score of over 9! but like 6 on IMDB lol.. I had to agree it didn't belong along side The Godfather too :)

Back to topic though, much appreciated!!!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    and hitting refresh in the manager just kept pulling in US data.

Any movie imported with scraper A will continue to use scraper A, even if you add scraper B or delete scraper A. You have to sent the movie back to the importer so that it can be properly linked with the new scanner.

This is only the case at ID level, so if you update a scraper, then a refresh will indeed use the new revision.

In other news, I made a custom configurable IMDb+ scraper, which has UK certification support. It also supports many other combinations and fixes a few things, such as non-English titles.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ummary-imdb-rt-score-us-uk-rating-more-93838/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom