UK Radio Times WebEPG Grabber Updated (1 Viewer)

Mew

Portal Pro
January 11, 2007
Hertfordshire
Home Country
England England
UK Radio Times WebEPG grabber to reflect changes in the channel XMLTV provided by Radio Times

Removed

Five Life
Hits
Setanta Ireland
Setenta UK
Sky Travel
Sky Travel Extra
Trouble Plus 1
UKTV Drama
UKTV Drama Plus 1

Added

4 Music
Al Jazeera
BBC alba
Channel 4 HD
Discovery Real Time Extra
Disney Channel Plus 1
Fiver
ITV HD
Movies4Men
Propeller TV
Setanta Sports 1
Setanta Sports 2
Sky Real Lives
Sky Real Live Plus 1
Trouble Reload
True Movies
UKTV Alibi
UKTV Alibi Plus 1
Watch
Watch Plus 1

Amended

Dave Plus 1 - ID Number Changed
Sky Movies Screen HD1 - ID Number changed
Sky Movies Screen HD2 - ID Number changed

Attachments

• 1-xmltv_radiotimes_com.xml
    30.7 KB

chris123

Portal Pro
May 31, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

I don't seem to be getting the data for ITV HD?

Is anyone else having this problem?

Cheers

Chris

Mew

Portal Pro
January 11, 2007
Hertfordshire
Home Country
England England
Hi Chris

For a number of the channels on the Radio Times site there is an ID number (ITV HD is 2118) and the page exists for data but is empty. This is currently the case for ITV HD. I added it in case they start to populate it.

The impression I get from the digitalspy forums is that they seem to be a bit secretive about what is on ITV HD and don't seem to publish it much at the moment. Saying that, there seems to be data today on Digiguide (although the WebEPG grabber for this is temperamental and not currently up to date).

Mew

chris123

Portal Pro
May 31, 2008
Home Country
Thanks Mew.

I've been following the development (or otherwise!) of ITV HD on Digitalspy too.

I think Radio Times did populate the ITV HD listing briefly a few weeks ago (I was able to view it in MP with WebEPG using the channel ID 2118) but have now stopped again. I just wanted to confirm it was an RT problem, rather than something I had caused by upgrading to MP RC4.

Cheers

Chris

fatt_fill

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2008
    Home Country
    I'm having issues with Radio times - I use 4TR plugin for my tv but it just copies the tvguide.xml file from the MP TV server application data folder for it's own use - over the last few weeks I've been getting strange behaviour in the guide which I traced down to the tvguide.xml file containing loads of shows that start and finish in 2009!! - so in my list of programmes due to record I have a load of 2008 recordings for the next couple of weeks and then the same shows for 2009. I don't know why the xml file has suddenly started containing references to 2009 (basically a show starting today at 4pm should say start=200812101600.... but instead says start=200912101600. something to do with the radio times source of the grabber??

Interestingly sometimes (usually on an evening such as last night), when I run the webepg.exe manually it actually works and contains none of these incorrect year references - but it fails more often than not (mine is set to automatically collect at 4am on the server)

Is this something you have encountered?

Cheers,
    Phil

Mew

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2007
    Hertfordshire
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi

This could explain why my EPG looks a little threadbare.

There seems to be a problem when we near the end to the year (see December 2007, https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/get-support-90/tvguide-xml-2008-progs-wrong-date-33061/ and https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/electronic-program-guide-67/webepg-pulling-through-wrong-date-progs-33101/)

Looking at the XMLTV data on the Radio Times website the dates look OK to me. I looked at my HTPC on Sunday to try to find the problem. The TV Server XMLTV plugin said that the tvguide.xml was imported successfully and it all looked OK. The programs table was populated although I must admist I didn't check the dates and when I did search in MediaPortal there were plenty of programmes present it was just the EPG only had a few channels populated.

I thought I had cured the problem by deleting the TVDatabseV21.db3 file and letting it rebuild. The EPG was fully populated again so I assumed the database used for the EPG view had corrupted. When I looked at MediaPortal again today the EPG was back as it was before with very few programmes present. I assume it has reverted when WebEPG has automatically run at 04:00 each day and the XMLTV plugin has deleted contents of the programs table to reload tvguide.xml.

I may have to investigate further when I get access to the TV from the wife and kids.

Mew

Mew

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2007
    Hertfordshire
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi

Having had a look at my HTPC I would agree with Phil.

It appears that the WebEPG grabber plugin in MediaPortal scheduled at 04:00 is creating dates in December 2009 whereas if I run WebEPG.exe manually the dates are December 2008.

Mew

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    I also had this 2009 problem. I've been using the WebEPG/Radio Times feed for a while now and was pretty happy with it (though every now and again I ended up with no EPG at all). But since RC4 I've switched to using the Freesat grabber https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/development-91/sky-uk-uk-freesat-epg-43261/ and I'm very impressed. Had more channels than RT (possibly not now after this update), and seems to have ITV-HD data (so had the Star Wars film from last weekend). Have been very pleased with it so far...

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom