[solved] Unable to change default aspect ratio. Default ratio zooms in and out while watching tv and videos. (1 Viewer)

Druinthor

July 10, 2014
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi all,

The problem I have is that by default the aspect ratio decides to zoom in and out depending on the video that is playing. Scenes with black around the edges (QI is a classic for this) MediaPortal will decide to zoom in slightly to remove the "black borders" it thinks are there. Then the scene will change and it will zoom back out after about 5 seconds or so.

If I change the aspect ratio to "Zoom" it stops this behaviour immediately however I don't seem to be able to get it to use this aspect ratio by default. Going into the settings for TV to the aspect ratio option confuses me as when I select say option 6 "zoom" then go back into the option to check it again it seems like the option is set to 3 "original". This behaviour happens for all the options in there. You select one option, go back in to confirm and it has highlighted another option. Regardless, changing these settings does not seem to change the behaviour of the default aspect ratio anyway.

Sorry if this has come across confusingly but I hope one of you can help.

Thanks
Ben[DOUBLEPOST=1405031965][/DOUBLEPOST]I have just discovered the settings for aspect ratio in the Media Portal Configuration section which has a default and where you can disable aspect ratios... This looks like it might solve my issues.

Hopefully someone may stumble across this and it helps them. I will post back if I am still experiencing issues.

Thanks

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The problem I have is that by default the aspect ratio decides to zoom in and out depending on the video that is playing. Scenes with black around the edges (QI is a classic for this) MediaPortal will decide to zoom in slightly to remove the "black borders" it thinks are there. Then the scene will change and it will zoom back out after about 5 seconds or so.
    This sounds like behaviour of the IFC or ViewModeSwitcher plugins. Standard MP won't change the zoom mode at all.

I suggest you check whether you've installed and enabled one of those plugins, and check the plugin configuration if you have.

Druinthor

July 10, 2014
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey thanks for your comment. I never installed either of these plugins but ViewModeSwitcher certainly was enabled and you could very well be right. I have disabled this plugin and will see how it behaves now.

Thanks again,
    Ben

eightwt

Portal Member
    July 24, 2010
    I have a similar problem with video zooming in and out. This is not random. I can replay and reproduce the effect when I see it happening. Usually the video is 720p or less. I'm using MP 1.8.0 on a Win7 machine. The theme is StreamedMP. I have upgraded the video driver, etc. This all started after I installed MP 1.8.0.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Did you check whether IFC (intelligent frame correction) or ViewModeSwitcher are installed and enabled?

Druinthor

July 10, 2014
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    This sounds exactly like my issue and it was resolved by disabling ViewModeSwitcher as mentioned.

eightwt

Portal Member
    July 24, 2010
    AHA! Seems that this was installed and enabled by default. I never did it. Who asked me? Anyway, disabling the plug-in solved the problem. Many thanks.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I never did it. Who asked me?
    ViewModeSwitcher is a "built-in" plugin, which means it will be installed by default. However, I don't think it is enabled by default - can't explain that part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom