unable to open tuningparameters/dvbt.xml (1 Viewer)

etheesdad

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2008
    Adelaide
    I just did a fresh install of XP after having been unable to sort out some issues with a previous Vista install. All was going well until I started getting this message when starting TV Server Configuration.

(pop-up says):

"unable to open tuningparameters/dvbt.xml"

Cant access any plugins in tvserver and so am unable to config xmltv, comskip launcher, or powerscheduler.

There's something in the error log about sql database, but Im not sure what to make of it.

Ive done a search in the forums but there's nothing about tuningparameters/dvbt.xml

Does anyone know how to fix this?

bartmanson

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 28, 2004
    Nuremberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think it has something to do with manually editing dvbt.xml in Notepad or Wordpad. I think that those editors mess up the german umlauts in some way. Try to open the file in Internet Explorer, allow active content and check whether IE complains about invalid characters in a tag starting with "<Austria - K". There is a region in Austria called "Kärnten" and the "ä" is the first umlaut in the file. I replaced all umlauts (ä->ae, ü->ue, ö->oe, ß->ss) and then it worked.

Hope that helps,
    BartManson

tillz0r

Portal Member
    February 10, 2009
    This has come back again. Really weird. I have tried what bartmanson suggested (even removed all countries other than Australia from the dvbt.xml file and it still cannot be opened, also tried the dvbt.xml from a friends working installation and it also didn't work.) This is becoming a real pain as I can't scan for the new GO! channel and I also can't make changes to the power scheduler as I can't open any plugins from the TV server config.

Any other suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom