[Music] Unable to play Audio CD. (1 Viewer)

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Again, same CD on another machine plays fine with BASS. Ideas?

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I have the latest firmware for this drive. I created my own Audio CD as hwahrmann suggested in his PM and guess what: it plays perfectly fine. It looks like a copyright issue with BASS+Copyrighted Audio CD.

How can we resolve this?

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Well te BASS guys need to look at this.
    only thing i can ofer to you i that you create an ISO image out of the CD and upload it to a free file hoster and PM me the link.
    i'll forward thatthen to theBASS guys to have a look nto it.

AN alternative is, that you rip your CDs in a lossless format, like fklac and play them as files from within music.

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    hwahrmann: This is not just one particular CD: all factory made CDs behave same way. Your BASS friends probably have plenty of factory made copyrighed disks (if not, I can send one). Plus these audio CDs play fine on another machine with a regular (non-bluray) cd drive.

Perhaps, you can ask BASS developers if it makes sense to them: why would copyrighed audio CDs refuse to cooperate with BASS on my LiteOn iHES108 Bluray drive and play fine on a regular drive. And at same time home made home made not-copyrighed audio CDs play fine on both drives.

As a workaround I can play the music from my hard drive or switch to internal dshow player, but I hope BASS developers could help us to get to the bottom of the problem.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    greybox
    can you try and install the "working" dvd drive instead of the BR one?
    If CD playback works then, then we know that it is your BR drive and not something else on that HTPC.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I'm sure it is the BR drive, since no one else, including me, has this problem.

On my HTPC I'm using LG Blu-ray drive and it plays all CDs nicely (althou I don't buy so called CDs that have copy protection).

As a quick solution (as I would bet BASS people aren't keen into buying a hardware for testing & debugging) it could be possible to use AnyDVD or similar program.

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I used AnyDVD and it didn't resolve the problem. I followed the infinityloop's suggestion and tried my old IDE CD drive - same problems. So this is not my BluRay drive that causes the issue. I also noticed that the home made audio CD sometimes gives same problem. Could it be my Intel audio driver compatibility with BASS?

So, this is what I have on the plate at this point:

1. Windows Media Player ALWAYS plays all audio CDs without any problem.

2. Internal Dshow in MediaPortal ALWAYS player plays all audio CDs without any problem (I am mostly missing visualizations).

3. BASS player intermittently plays or refuses to play different audio CDs (factory or home made).

4. Changing the disk drive does not affect the functionality

Is it difficult to enable visualizations in dshow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom