[no Bug] Unable to play XviD movies (1 Viewer)

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
What decoder is in use to decode divx? MPC video decoder or FFDshow?
BTW, did you restart after SAF install?

Can anybody post SAF + MP logs?

...and if you drag and drop the video in graphstudio, did it start to play?

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    this is not a bug in MediaPortal - you simply messed around with your codecs too much.

since you use SAF, you should continue this discussion in the related thread.

fillerguy

Portal Pro
    September 12, 2007
    Milton, ontario
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    it's happening to me and I don't use SAF. I don't use any codec pack at all actually. Everything worked ok with the last build. absolutely refuses to run with this build. I have to close media portal to watch divx/xvid in media player, yet all other formats work ok in media portal. I get the same error in media portal the OP posted.

BuzzD

Portal Pro
    April 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Unable to play XviD movies

So did you try the regfile from the Link?

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    it's happening to me and I don't use SAF. I don't use any codec pack at all actually. Everything worked ok with the last build. absolutely refuses to run with this build. I have to close media portal to watch divx/xvid in media player, yet all other formats work ok in media portal. I get the same error in media portal the OP posted.

Then perhaps you would like to post your logs. Otherwise we will have to ask the psychic members of the team if they are able to assist.

Mark

Zapp

Portal Member
    November 14, 2007
    South-West
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Then perhaps you would like to post your logs. Otherwise we will have to ask the psychic members of the team if they are able to assist.

Mark

;)

unrevealable

Portal Member
    December 22, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm having the same issues. I can play the vob files fine but any .avi file says it cannot play. I did try the registry file and still doesn't work. I had been using the default settings on the codec page and then tried the automatically detect setting.

What do you need me to post to help fix?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom