Unable to record via epg on client (1 Viewer)

allanp81

Portal Pro
October 24, 2006
TV-Server Version: 15706
MediaPortal Version: 2.3rc1
MediaPortal Skin: spinsafe revolve
Windows Version: xp pro sp2
CPU Type: core2duo
HDD: sata
Memory: ddr2 1gig
Motherboard: ?
Motherboard Chipset: 945
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: x1300
Video Card Driver: 7.2 catalyst
Sound Card: onboard sigma
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: intervideo
MPEG2 Audio Codec: mpa

Is anyone having this problem:

Sometimes, completely randomly as far as I can tell, I'm unable to schedule recordings via the EPG on my client machine. I have 3 clients and they all seem to exhibit this problem. I can view the EPG just fine but sometimes when I select a program to record and highlight record and press ok on my remote, nothing happens. Same if I try advanced record and try one of those options. If I go into the web interface I can schedule these programs to record with no problem whatsoever.

You can see from my logs that I tried to add 2 programmes at 14:53 and both show an error that doesn't mean a whole lot to me.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    First try to use latest of MP's SVN & TVE3/TVPlugin & then use MPV & MPA as codecs everywhere & then make sure you have selected "Default DirectSound Device" as Audio renderer. Next switch to BlueTwo skin & test again, if it fails add your logs to your post again.

Regards
    Roy

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    I think I might have just sorted this by doing a re-scan of all channels. I've just done this, built up the EPG and straight away I'm able to schedule a recording via the EPG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom