Unable to run CVS later than 8/01-06 "Solved" (2 Viewers)

Jowda

Portal Member
October 26, 2005
Denmark
Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2006-01-08 )
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: Elecard Audio Decoder
Video Codec: Elecard MPEG-2 Video Decoder
CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 3200+
Memory: 1 GB
Motherboard: 'K8N-E-Deluxe' (ASUSTeK Computer INC.)
TV Card Model: Hauppauge PVR150MCE
TV Card Type: Hardware
TV Card Driver: 2.0.35.23301 MCE ver.
Video Card Model: Nvidia Geforce FX 5200 (128 MB)
Video Card Driver: 8.1.9.8 Nvidia's
Video Card Resolution: 1024x768
Video Render Type: VMR9
Audio Card Model: Realtek AC'97 Audio
Audio Card Driver: 5.10.0.5865
Synopsis:: -

Hi all, my problem is that i'm unable to run CVS's later than the release from 8/01-06, prior to the first MCE fix. I have tried out all that i could think of.

My mediacenter is freshly installed with XP Pro.dk, and all the latest drivers are on the system.

The first problem was that the setup was unable to create Graph and the Haupauge tvcard was not detected, Dman checked my full MP log out and he's comment was "NO ERROR" :(

With the latest release 23/01-06 my tvcard get's detected by the MP gui, and i no longer get the Failed to create graph error, but i still can't get the tvcard to work, MP just freese's up and the CPU rocket's to 99% usage and stay's there "Windows comment MP is not answering".

The same is the fact about MP setup prg. When trying to setup the TVcard It's freese's up, and system rocket's to the 99% usage.

I've tried to set the PCI latency on the FX 5200 to 64 and the Haupauge to 0 , but no dice.

Am i the only one with this prblm. ???????

With the config above there are no problem's, but that's not good enough for me, there's no fun if i'm not able to participate in the development's that are done/going on, on MP so if any of you could give me a good advice PLEACE HELP, anything about the config of my Mediacenter that could be the problem feel free to let me know.

Regard's Jowda

wietze

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Damwoude
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2006-01-08 )
MediaPortal Skin: RealMP
Windows Version: Windows XP Home (SP2)
Audio Codec: Elecard Audio Decoder
Video Codec: Elecard MPEG-2 Video Decoder
CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 3200+
Motherboard: 'K8N-E-Deluxe' (ASUSTeK Computer INC.)
TV Card Model: Hauppauge PVR500MCE
TV Card Type: Hardware
TV Card Driver: 2.0.35.23301 MCE ver.
Video Card Model: ATI Radeon
Video Card Driver: Latest
Video Card Resolution: 600x800
Audio Card Model: Realtek AC'97 Audio
Audio Card Driver: 5.10.0.5865
Synopsis

I have the same problem, i have installed .net again, updated drivers to the latest avalible.
i've checked everything twice even chanced motherboard but nothing helps.
i try every cvs if there is a working one.

Jowda

Portal Member
October 26, 2005
Denmark
Crossposting UPS Sorry

mPod said:
Jowda, crossposting is not allowed here. I removed the other thread. Thanks for understanding.

I'm sorry about that, i'm a neewbie on this forum this will not be a problem again.

Jowda.

first407

Portal Member
November 9, 2005
Norway
Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2006-01-08)
MediaPortal Skin: RealMP
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
Audio Codec: InterVideo Audio Decoder
Video Codec: InterVideo Video Decoder
CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 - 3.00GHz
Motherboard: P5P800 (ASUSTeK Computer Inc.)
TV Card Model: General H/W encoding card
TV Card Type: DVB
TV Card Driver: BDA 1.2.2.0
Video Card Model: Radeon 9600 Series (128 MB)
Video Card Driver: 8.191.0.0
Video Card Resolution: 1024x768
Audio Card Model: Digital Audio MB
Audio Card Driver: 5.12.1.5242

I have the same problem.

Jowda

Portal Member
October 26, 2005
Denmark
Any advice ?????

Could any of the programmers / developers give me an advice on this subject :!:

I'm normaly not a noob around a PC, and are a litle confused :shock: regarding the prblm. that i have, since i have had no prblms. with running MP at ALL. prior to the first MCE fix ???????????????

Regards Jowda

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

Just to be sure... You already tried installing a fresh copy of MP, right? I.e., uninstall MP, remove MediaPortal directory and then reinstall.

Also, did you run start.bat from the MediaPortal subdirectory after applying a CVS snapshot?

Please try to be as descriptive as possible about what you all have done while trying to make it work, so the devs can be sure you didn't do anything wrong. Simply stating it doesn't work and asking the devs to look into it probably isn't gonna help you much. Also, running a CVS snapshot can sometimes result into things not working for you. If you can't accept this, then you shouldn't be running these versions and stay with the released versions.
    With the config above there are no problem's, but that's not good enough for me, there's no fun if i'm not able to participate in the development's that are done/going on, on MP
    I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, but participating in the development means dealing with issues like these and accept the fact that they do occur in CVS. If you need TV functionality then stick with the CVS version that works, try a newer CVS snapshot every now and then and report back when/if things are fixed for you (or not).

Kind regards,
    Michel

Jowda

Portal Member
    October 26, 2005
    Denmark
    scoop said:
    Hi,

Just to be sure... You already tried installing a fresh copy of MP, right? I.e., uninstall MP, remove MediaPortal directory and then reinstall.

Also, did you run start.bat from the MediaPortal subdirectory after applying a CVS snapshot?

Please try to be as descriptive as possible about what you all have done while trying to make it work, so the devs can be sure you didn't do anything wrong. Simply stating it doesn't work and asking the devs to look into it probably isn't gonna help you much. Also, running a CVS snapshot can sometimes result into things not working for you. If you can't accept this, then you shouldn't be running these versions and stay with the released versions.
    With the config above there are no problem's, but that's not good enough for me, there's no fun if i'm not able to participate in the development's that are done/going on, on MP
    I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, but participating in the development means dealing with issues like these and accept the fact that they do occur in CVS. If you need TV functionality then stick with the CVS version that works, try a newer CVS snapshot every now and then and report back when/if things are fixed for you (or not).

Kind regards,
    Michel

Hi Michel

First of all, my post's was not ment in a negative way, and i'm sorry if they were understood/recieved like that :oops:

And the thing about development is fully understood and accepted, i was just a litle frustratet regarding the prblm. because the feedback i got was no error in MP.....

But i have tried the suggestions that you had /quote "Just to be sure... You already tried installing a fresh copy of MP, right? I.e., uninstall MP, remove MediaPortal directory and then reinstall.

Also, did you run start.bat from the MediaPortal subdirectory after applying a CVS snapshot?" /Unquote

Here is what i have tried.

Fulley clean install of WIN XP pro, all the drivers are the latest.

Clean Install off MP, updated with the latest CVS an runned the start.bat

Tried to run with different MPG codecs

Elecard
    Intervideo windvd

I've tried to set the PCI latency on the FX 5200 to 64 and the Haupauge to 0 , but no dice

Tried to run the setup via. the MP GUI, on advice from Dman,and the result=

sure enough my tvcard get's detected by the MP gui, and i no longer get the Failed to create graph error, but i still can't get the tvcard to work, MP just freese's up and the CPU rocket's to 99% usage an stay's there Windows comment MP is not answering.

If you need more info just let med know, and if there is nothing to do about it, then i'll follow your advice on the CVS Updates.

Kind regards Jowda :oops:

PS. Thanx to you all by the way, for developing a great Program :D

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    If I remember correct you have to delete card(something).xml & TVdatabase(something).db3 in “(Your program path)\ team mediaportal\MediaPortal\database†folder, and then re add the card in MP Setup.
    Hauppauge also have a new driver for PVR-150MCE .
    http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/support/support_mce.html

Regards
    Roy

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

I recently switched back to older drivers from hauppauge to solve blue screens I experienced. I haven't tried latest CVS on my HTPC with the said MCE fixes (but I intend to). I'm running with this driver now from here: http://hauppauge.lightpath.net/software/mce/mce_cd_v27a.zip

Before switching drivers with hauppauge, be sure to deinstall the TV card from the device manager, then run hcwclear.exe, reboot, run hcwclear.exe again and then install the newer/older drivers.

Kind regards,
    Michel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom