Unable to save settings in webif (1 Viewer)

cry_wolf

Portal Pro
February 26, 2010
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi

Still unable to save settings. IIS_IUSR have write permissions on c:\windows\temp.

Attatching logs from mpextend and procmon.

From what i can see it doesn't even try to read/write from c:\windows\temp when klicking save.

Attachments

• error 2012-01-08.zip
    82.9 KB

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    This is strange. First of all your log export seems to be incomplete (missing Services.xml for example). I also don't see any attempt to do a save in your WebMediaPortal.log. Any chance you can repeat trying to save from localhost and export the logs again?

Also, the group is called IIS_IUSRS, but I assume that's just a typo.

cry_wolf

Portal Pro
    February 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi
    Well did an export from the MPExtended Configuration.exe

There is no logging to C:\ProgramData\MPExtended\Logs\WebMediaPortal.log being done. Latest i have is from 2011-01-06. Did the save from localhost with no new logging.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hmm, can you send me a screenshot of the error you get when saving then? Seems like there are some more bugs here then I thought.

cry_wolf

Portal Pro
    February 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm not getting any error, it just reloads as if it works. But if I update the page i see that the setting reverts to what it was before.
    The only errors i can find is the one about wrong dir in procmon log I attached in the first post.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Can you check whether C:\ProgramData\MPExtended\WebMediaPortal.xml exists and it has the correct config (the values you changed it too) in it? Can you also try to give the IIS_IUSRS group write access to that file if it exists?

There happen some really strange things here:
    - With the updated DLL, on each load and save of the settings page there *must* be a new log line. If that doesn't happen that means that logging is broken too.
    - Even if it doesn't detect the correct location of the config file, it should read and write to the same file and thus preserve your settings.
    - I can't reproduce it on my IIS installations.

I can only think of something in the IIS environment that screws up the location of the ProgramData directory (resulting in no logging), but in that case it should still properly load your settings.

cry_wolf

Portal Pro
    February 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Yes, it's very strange. The C:\ProgramData\MPExtended\WebMediaPortal.xml exists but doesn't get updated, not even with iis_iusrs write permissions.

Will try and delete the installation and do it all over again. Might not have time this week though.

insan3

Portal Member
    May 25, 2009
    I am having this same issue. Did you find a fix for it?
    Everything is working fine but somehow IIS doesn't update the xml file. (Despite the fact that is does have the rights to do so).

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Does WebMP have permissions to write to the %TEMP% (usually C:\Windows\Temp) folder?

I'd need your logs to say something more specific though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom