Unable to scan for Astra 4K channel (2 Viewers)

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Sky have not switched to HEVC. They have simply added a new layer of encryption that prevents MediaPortal users (and anyone else using an HTPC) from decrypting the channels.

Regarding UHD, MediaPortal TV Server doesn't even find the UHD test streams. Well, it does, but they're listed as radio channels so they can't be watched. :(

yrehan

Portal Member
April 14, 2012
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Ok thank you for the update!

I saved the ts of this UHD channel after applying Vasilich's patch and used mpc-hc to play it. But my system (i3 + GT640) couldn't handle it. The problem is the lack of hardware acceleration for h.265. My system can handle h.264 UHD streams without any problems. So I guess I have to wait not only for h.265 support in Mediaportal but also for the codecs to provide hardware acceleration for it.

By the way, Mediaprotal can't play any h.265 stream. I tried playing the following 1080p h.265 stream but it failed in Mediaportal (Mpc-hc had no problems playing it):
http://www.elecard.com/assets/files/other/clips/140803_1080p_hm130_4s_sao_dbf_qp27.265

BR,
Yrehan

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    If you use .ts and let normal setting, MP will try to play the file with TsReader -> will not work lol
    But if you use the setting to play .ts (from myvideo) with lav splitter, it will work :)

For sure on my own build, just TsReader need to be fixed because when i timeshift h265 channel, i can read the .ts with vlc etc. (based on Vasilich's patch) :p

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    upload_2014-9-20_20-35-17.png

upload_2014-9-20_20-35-28.png

:)

yrehan

Portal Member
    April 14, 2012
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Holzi,
    Thanks for the tip. Adding .265 extension did the trick and the result for UHD HEVC is better (less jerky) on Mediaportal than MPC-HC.

Hi Sebastiii,
    Thank you for the settings. After that HEVC .ts playback also started to work. However, I still get no picture on live UHD channel. Saving it to disk and playing the .ts file afterwards works fine. Was live UHD tv supposed to work after applying your settings?

BR,
    Yrehan

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :)

Nope for the live tv because TsReader involved and then the filter need to be patched/updated to have it working.

yrehan

Portal Member
    April 14, 2012
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,
    I have tried to add HEVC support in few other places but still no playback in tsreader. Please review and let me know what's missing or wrong.

Vasilich's patch is squashed into this patch.

Thanks,
    Yrehan

Attachments

• 0001-hevc-support-work-in-progress.patch
      24.3 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom